Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A7N8Xe Deluxe wont boot on 400fsb???

Had another thought! If your bios allows it, try bumping the ram voltage by .1 volt.

Ok I got a new psu and its working at full speed now. For some reason when I enter games using directx the 'bios voice' comes on and says 'SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST' over and over. The game runs fine but the voice keeps saying that. Ideas?

Why are you running PC2700 when you should be using PC3200? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Why are you running PC2700 when you should be using PC3200? :confused:
    I think its okay if he runs PC2700...
    But must be non-ECC DDR SDRAM memory...

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=09
    Memory - 3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 3GB PC3200/PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC DDR SDRAM memory
    - Dual Channel Memory Architecture

WTF? :confused:

I have yet to see an nForce2 mainboard that uses ECC DDR memory.

The point I was making is because of the trouble that he's having at running a 200MHz/400DDR FSB and if he's trying to run that memory insync then the memory is being run well over spec (PC2700 is rated for 166MHz/333DDR use while PC3200 is rated for 200MHz/400DDR use). Sure you can run the memory slower than the FSB but is he running the right memory settings?

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    WTF? :confused:

I have yet to see an nForce2 mainboard that uses ECC DDR memory.

The point I was making is because of the trouble that he's having at running a 200MHz/400DDR FSB and if he's trying to run that memory insync then the memory is being run well over spec (PC2700 is rated for 166MHz/333DDR use while PC3200 is rated for 200MHz/400DDR use). Sure you can run the memory slower than the FSB but is he running the right memory settings?
    Yeah, I'd have to say that this is probably whats going on or what was. It must be running Async with the FSB to achieve that FSB because PNY memory sucks ass and I know you can't get that much of an OC with it

Ok heres what happened. First off, im not trying to run this pny at 400mhz memory bus. I got the FSB running at 400 and the memory running at 83% of the fsb (333mhz). Im not a newb guys, cmon. Ok so I bought this **** psu from compusa, compusa brand. I put it in, it boots fine running at 400/333 so im running fine until I try to play ANY game. I got into a game and the BIOS starts yelling 'CPU TEST FAILED' over and over and over. WHAT?!?! So I shutdown reboot and go into CMOS to look at the voltages. I quickly realize that the compusa PSU is a PIECE OF ****. I watched voltages got between 3.0 and 3.5 for the +3.3V. So I said screw this crap, I went back today returned it and got another antec smartpower 400watt. Hooked it up and im running fine now, voltages are nice and steady +-.1V . Havent gotten any errors yet, but i want the comp to run for a while before im sure its okay again. My next upgrade is some OCZ dual channel ddr pc3200 cause this pny really is some crap.

Yeah, it always pays off to buy a quality PSU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information