Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A7N8Xe Deluxe wont boot on 400fsb???

OK very weird problem. I came home last night, turned off my computer using the start>turn off. I try powering it up this morning and it hangs on the POST screen. Im like WTF, so I try like thre more times, same thing. To make a long story short, the only way it boots is if i clear the cmos and set the fsb to 100mhz (x2). I WAS RUNNING 200x2 the other day no problem!! Also, in NVIDIA system utility it sys the cpu is getting 1.85v? Yet in bios it says 1.65!?

Someone help what the hell is wrong with this thing?!?

Thanks
    Dan

Asus A7N8XE
    Athlon 3200+
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    2 Maxtor Drives
    2 CD/DVD Drives
    512 PNY pc2700 ram

Everything was working fine last night with the bus at 400mhz. Please help

Saw this problem recently. Cheap psu deteriorated after about a year. Problem appeared when it got warm in the Spring. It tested OK with a basic tester, but wouldn't boot the system. New, name-brand psu boots every time. Been installed about a month now.

interesting, ya my psu is old as hell. But its a antec smartpower 400watt. Im pretty sure it has a lifetime warranty, and this problem did just develop when i moved from NY to MD. And the 80deg temp here has def increased operating temps. The computer puts out enugh heat to raise my ambient room temp about 10F. Ill swing by compusa and pickup a psu to see if it will fix it. I'll post my findings...

Your psu should have a 3yr warranty. All psus degrade with use. All suffer performance drops with rising temp. I use Antecs all the time and like them. They last a long time compared to el cheapos, but they do wear out.

With the fsb at 400 it boots to the post screen but no further. If it were the psu would it even start?

Without actually going in and swapping out components, nothing is 100% sure. In your position, it's one of the easier things to swap out and probably one of the less expensive choices.

Yeah thats so weird, it must be the psu cause ive been running at 166 x 2 all day no problems, only when i try to juice it to 400 does it seem to lack the power to boot or somesuch. All this stuff is brand new with the exception of the power supply (2 years old) so i would have to agree power supply is lookin mighty guilty....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information