Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Choosing Motherboard for New Intel Proc.

Default Help Choosing Motherboard for New Intel Proc.

hello guys! em just wondring, which of these manufacturers (ABit, Asus, Gibabyte and MSI) have produced the best mobo for the new Intel Proc. Is there anyone knows a link for a reviews or something? that would be great!

Thanks in advance!"

Default Re: Help Choosing Motherboard for New Intel Proc.

You're talking about ones for the socket LGA775 P4's right? Asus and Gigabyte probably have the most loaded boards, followed by MSI and Abit. From what I've seen Asus is supposed to have the best board in terms of speed and stability for the i925X and i915P chipsets. You do realize you will need to pick up a PCIe video card if you want to do serious gaming right?

And as well as DDR-II memory?

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    And as well as DDR-II memory?
    You should have used the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag if you wanted to get your point across.

There must be AGP-PCI-E bridges you can get. Get one of those and an AGP video card as it will cost less and perform better than PCI-E. That's assuming you really want a PCI-E board...

In any case, getting an Intel board and processor would be a bad choice for almost any use of the computer. Maybe a mid-range video encoding workstation, but that's it. For regular desktop use, low-end server, gaming, image editting, etc. Athlon 64s will be much cheaper and much faster. The Chaintech VNF-250 and Epox 8KDA3+ are two of the best motherboards you'll find for socket 754. For something a bit more powerful, a socket 939 system would be much better. The nForce 3 250 chipset would probably be best if you go with that route. Whichever you choose, you'll get better performance than you would with any LGA775 desktop system. Unless PCI-E is a must for some reason (certainly not graphics), don't get an LGA775 system. Intel just doesn't price the processors well enough to make them worth buying.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 08-24-2004 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    You should have used the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag if you wanted to get your point across.
    Well..... in fact there are suspose to be some LGA775/i875/i865 hybrids around but I've yet to see one though I'm not to keen about building systems based on those Prescotts (I'm still using Northcotts).

Northcotts...
    Here's one. DDR-2 or not, it doesn't make up for A64s that cost half as much (or a sixth as much...) and performing better.

When someone pays me good money to build a P4 system for them I build it and remember that prices and availability of parts arn't the same over here. :P

What kind of prices do you see for Athlon 64s compared to LGA775 P4s and socket 478 P4s? Over here, the P4s aren't even competitive. A 3500 is around the same price as the 3.4C, but they aren't even close in most applications, especially games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    What kind of prices do you see for Athlon 64s compared to LGA775 P4s and socket 478 P4s? Over here, the P4s aren't even competitive. A 3500 is around the same price as the 3.4C, but they aren't even close in most applications, especially games.
    A64 3500 atm is around $600aus
    P4 3.4C around $400aus
    P4 550 3.4E around $470aus

Damn, that sucks. I had no idea A64s were so expensive over there. Does AMD hate Australia or something? I know it's not nearly as bad for U.K. people and AMD's prices are much better than Intel's over here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information