Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asus P4sd-la

Default Re: Asus P4sd-la

I had a problem like yours once, with a different card.

I did everything you did and it didn't work, but then I got 3rd party drivers and the problem went away (the fps issue). I got my drivers from www.omegadrivers.net

They work nicely. :D

Nope, I have already tried omega drivers, doesn't make any difference.

To respond to the PM...
    If you have an onboard video adapter and it's listed in device manager where I have shwon on the picture then that would be a problem. If you just see your current video card where I have Radeon 9800 Pro, that's not an issue. If you've completely reformatted, then that's not an issue. You can try getting the chipset drivers off Intel.com, but I'm not sure it will do anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images Asus P4sd-la-vga-jpg 

Okay well I don't have that problem, what else could it be then?

I have the same problem. Darn HP.

HELP ME PLEASE CMON I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE SMART lol....

Did you ever figure it out Adverse?

I have one of the HP built mobo's from HP. I looked everywhere for some sort of in depth manual. My machine was the a250n Pavillion. Getting ready for next gen (pci express as an example) so I got a new case, PS and an Audigy2 from an Adudigy1. Truthfully I should get a nonpropietory mobo but I have some time left on this one before I have to upgrade. My problem is that the new case doesn't use one connector for USB or Firewire. They use separate pins for each item!!!! I figured the USB out from a google search. The Firewire is a whole separate deal though. The front firewire has seven connectors, ground, VP, VG, TBA+, TBA-, TBB+, TBB- and it has a pincushion of five across and four underneath with the fifth position empty. I have no idea how to plug in the pins.

Another item is the hpanel. H.D.D. LED, Reset SW & Power SW. I have three items to plug in there. The pincushion is four pins above and five pins below.

Finally I have the HP 7-1 media card reader. Its installed but I can't find a pinchusion to put it in? Same MOBO so it was plugged in once. Its one connector which is nice with five holes. One is plugged up white so only four holes are usable.

Thanks for any help. Just don't want to fry anything when I turn this back on.

If anyone has this MOBO if you can open your case and let me know where the media card is plugged in at. Until I get the computer up I was able to tweak my settings for my card. I had issues until I opened the AGP to the 64 but the thing your missing is to also disable the on board video. When I did this my 9800PRO was in charge. So eat the aperature issues now but set the video to AGP only in the bios. Again, this fixed my issue.

Hi Adverse,
    Just read your posts on the P4SD HP mainboard. First of all what BIOS version do you have. In the 01.11 version there is a setting for the AGP Aperature and it goes up to 256MB. I currently have set a machine up for my wife using that motherboard along with an nVidia 5200/256MB P4/2.66GHz 2x256MB/Dual channel DDR with the AGP Aperature set to 128MB and it runs smoth as a baby's bottom. Let me know if you need the BIOS update with the AGP Aperature setting.

I am having the same problem as you i want to increase the AGP aperture to 128 but don't have the option on my bios. I have heard there are ways to access more settings for example one bios you have to push ctrl + F1 instead of just F1 to get into the advanced features of a bios. Please can we get a expert on this problem I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks,

Geoff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information