Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asus P4sd-la

Default Re: Asus P4sd-la

I have a Pavilion a450n also. This is the last time i am ever going to buy something from HP ever again.

When i bought the desktop it came with NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 and 512mb ram.

Now i upgraded to Geforce 6800 and 1GB ram. I am having very bad unexpected chugs when i play games like Battlefield Vietnam and Half Life 2.

The chug im talking about is when i am playing any 3d shooter games at 60 FPS or more then suddenly the FPS drops to 2-3 per sec, then maybe after like 5-10 seconds or sometimes never, it goes back up. This gets really annoying at times and there is nothing wrong with my Graphic card i checked. The only solution i think is changing the AGP Aperture but stupid HP motherboard won't let me change the setting. If anyone finds out how to change the AGP Aperture, or have BIOS version that lets you change it PLEASE PM ME THANK YOU!

Next time im going to build my own computer from newegg...

Dont PM him just post it here we all need help. I have the HP a375c computer with the same Asus P4sd-la mother board as the orignal poster.

Thanks

i e-mailed HP support with this question:

I am trying to change my AGP Aperture size in the
    BIOS setting but it isnt listed, even in the advanced setting, so it
    wont let me change it. My motherboard is P4SD-LA (Oxford) and the
    motherboard came with HP and is the only manufacturer that supports it.
    Now my question is.. is there any way to change the AGP Aperture size through the BIOS settings? Please i know the risks i am taking by
    changing it and i will bear full responsibility for it so i do not need
    the "warning" signs.
    If there is no way i can change it in this BIOS
    version is there any way i can downgrade or upgrade my motherboard BIOS version so i can have access to more advanced settings??
    I currently have the latest BIOS update from hp.com

Thanks again and i await your reply...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And got this reply from idiot HP:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I understand from your e-mail that you wish to have the steps to
    change the Aperture size on your PC.

I would like to inform you that your PC does not have the option to
    change the Aperture size for the AGP cards from the BIOS. Also BIOS
    update will not provide any new features to your BIOS settings.

If you are experiencing any particular issue with your a450n PC, please
    do reply to this e-mail. We will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
    HP Total Care

----------------------------------

So i guess there is no hope for this motherboard... we are better off buying a better mobo rather than sticking with this one... Sorry :(

that figures I told myself i would never buy a HP and this is what i get for not listening to myslef.

Ok so lets say we cant fix our boards i am down right stupid when it comes to motherboards (which ones good and bad)

Can someone please list some good options for motherboards that i can buy to replace this crappy HP board.

I have a ATI X800 XL AGP card so I need one with a good AGP slot.
    My processor is 865G or PG

The pic is of my device manager if you need any more info please let me know.

Here is a like to the motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00041640

Here is my PC: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00043812

Thanks everyone for all your help,

Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images Asus P4sd-la-motherboard-options-jpg 
    Last edited by GEO1277; 05-08-2005 at 12:38 AM.

bump

Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by GEO1277
    Can anyone help me?
    Should've done a little more searching with google and you would've found my thread over @ a7vtroubleshooting. I hope this helps: http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/fo...num=1083474499
    Make sure you read the entire thread. You'll find some important information on the second page.
    Last edited by Maxx; 05-24-2005 at 09:53 AM.

Have you given any thought to the PSU only being 250 wats? im pretty sure that the new GPUS out there require 350 or more? thats 100 wats short of what they recomend? and i wouldent immagine the 250 wat in the HP is even a good 250 wat at that .. might be worth looking into ?

Quote Originally Posted by Motion
    Have you given any thought to the PSU only being 250 wats? im pretty sure that the new GPUS out there require 350 or more? thats 100 wats short of what they recomend? and i wouldent immagine the 250 wat in the HP is even a good 250 wat at that .. might be worth looking into ?
    Very good point. The stock PSU is very poor and will not (in some cases) even allow an upgrade to 1GB of RAM (4x256MB)... not to mention 6th or 7th generation GPUs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information