Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus K8V SE and Crucial Ballistix PC3200 Compatability issues. =/

Default Asus K8V SE and Crucial Ballistix PC3200 Compatability issues. =/

Recently i just upgraded my ram from the 256Mb PC 3200 it came with, to a gig (2x512) of crucials ballistix PC 3200. I took the old dimm out and installed the two crucial ones. However my comp is never able to boot with windows, or it just freezes up. I checked the Setup settings and set it for DDR 400. When that didn't work i tried auto. I tried with both dimms in and just one.

When i switch back to just the 256MB dimm i have had all along the comp starts up no problem. Does anyone know if there have been compatablity issues like this for this mobo before? Thx for any advice you all can give me.

Default Re: Asus K8V SE and Crucial Ballistix PC3200 Compatability issues. =/

Well ASUS hasn't tested that memory with that mainboard yet (see memory compatibility list at the bottom of this page) but try with your old memory in to raise the memory voltage to 2.7-2.8v then shut down and disconnect the PC from the mains then insert the new memory (this works in a lot of cases like this).

Default Re: Asus K8V SE and Crucial Ballistix PC3200 Compatability issues. =/

Thx for the tip. It was the voltage setting. =] Put it up to 2.8v and it works like a charm.

Thread Information