Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sound Driver on Motherboard

Default Sound Driver on Motherboard

I have a P4VXASD2+ Motherboard by ECS, problem is I have only one channel of sound, any suggestions?? reloading drivers has gotten no where??

Default Re: Sound Driver on Motherboard

Well, make sure the plug is in all the way first. The make sure the sliders are up on both sides (if applicable). Lastly test the speakers on a separate sound card you know is working properly.

Did all that, except for adding the Soundcard, guess that's what I'm going to have to do. I appreciate your response.
    add: I misread what you said, sorry,
    I installed another set of speakers and have the same result, only rt channel sound. I was thinking of installing a sound card in-place of the on-board audio in order to truble shoot next. I would not recommend this ECS motherboard to anyone, I've sure had many problems with it, everything from mislabeling of switches, etc.

Last edited by wscott21; 09-12-2004 at 02:11 AM.

ECS is fine, but I usually avoid them because they don't have the features I want.

I'd disable the onboard sound when you add a sound card, or you could run into trouble.

Thread Information