Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSI K8T Neo Core Center not working

Exclamation MSI K8T Neo Core Center not working

Hi!,

Has anyone had the issue where the core center software says "hardware not recognized" and then doesn't load on startup? I have all the latest drivers installed and have re-installed them repeatedly.

The strange thing is that if I start core center after startup it loads up just fine.

Any advice? Thanks

Default Re: MSI K8T Neo Core Center not working

no ive never heard of that b4, try contacting MSI, or wait for more advice from these other nice, smart ppl
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Did you install Windows fresh after changing to this motherboard? It sounds like an issue where the CoreCenter is trying to load before some of the necessary device drivers. I had it running at startup during my testing of this board and never had an issue.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

This has happened to me also. I have two users on my new computer. The first person to log on has the core center working fine. When the second person logs on, they get the error messages and the core center does not load. I have not contacted MSI yet, but I plan to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Did you install Windows fresh after changing to this motherboard? It sounds like an issue where the CoreCenter is trying to load before some of the necessary device drivers. I had it running at startup during my testing of this board and never had an issue.
    Yes I did and CoreCenter ran just fine. The problem started after I got optimum online and I configured the Realtek gigabit controller to use BIOS startup. Previous to this I was using dial-up.

Try removing CoreCenter from the Control Panel and then making sure the folder under Program Files is deleted as well. Reinstall it again and see if this fixes the problem. It might be hacking up a furball because it thinks you're using two different Internet connections. Don't know why this might be an issue, but with the new hardware addition you did, this might be worth a shot.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Talking Re: MSI K8T Neo Core Center not working

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Try removing CoreCenter from the Control Panel and then making sure the folder under Program Files is deleted as well. Reinstall it again and see if this fixes the problem. It might be hacking up a furball because it thinks you're using two different Internet connections. Don't know why this might be an issue, but with the new hardware addition you did, this might be worth a shot.
    That didn't work but STRANGELY something else did. I created a network bridge between the 2 1394 connections, rebooted, had startup problems, deleted the network bridge, rebooted, and now Corecenter is starting up correctly!

Thanks for your feedback.

Angry Re: MSI K8T Neo Core Center not working

Quote Originally Posted by edem5
    That didn't work but STRANGELY something else did. I created a network bridge between the 2 1394 connections, rebooted, had startup problems, deleted the network bridge, rebooted, and now Corecenter is starting up correctly!

Thanks for your feedback.
    Nope I was wrong. It worked once just to screw with my head and now it's saying "hardware monitor not loaded" again before saying that "core center does not support your motherboard". Yet when I start corecenter after startup everything is fine.

Has anyone figured this one out?

I am having the same problem. If i log on as a user i get errors and core centre wont run leaving my cpu fan running double time.
    If i log in as an administrator core centre starts up and my fan works ok.
    Any ideas??

Red face Re: MSI K8T Neo Core Center not working

Quote Originally Posted by edem5
    Nope I was wrong. It worked once just to screw with my head and now it's saying "hardware monitor not loaded" again before saying that "core center does not support your motherboard". Yet when I start corecenter after startup everything is fine.
    Okay! I dropped the overclocking from Colonel (7%) to Captain (5%) and it seems to be OK now. It used to work just fine at Colonel, I'll probably never know why I had to drop to captain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information