Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: purchasing a new highend board

Default purchasing a new highend board

Hey Guys, I new to Tweaktown I was wanting some advice on what you guys think of a great high performance game/mulitmedia motherboard. I have a Intel D875pbz at the moment with a 2.6p4 2gig kingston dual channel pc3200, and would like to get a new processor and not have to change the ram if i didnt have to, but if i have to to get the best preformance then i would have to do that. Any ideas and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Ken

Default Re: purchasing a new highend board

If you want to keep your current video card, an Asus A8V Deluxe or MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum would be good choices (with a socket 939 Athlon 64 to go with them). If you are willing to get a new video card, a socket 939 motherboard with the nForce 4 chipset (and PCI-E, as a result) would be better, particularly for upgradability. In that case, you should be looking for an nForce 4 Ultra or nForce 4 SLI (much more expensive, but allows for SLI) motherboard.

Thread Information