Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My Asus p4p800 won't boot with my new P4 3.0e

Exclamation My Asus p4p800 won't boot with my new P4 3.0e

I have a asus p4p800 deluxe I was running p4 2.4 533mhz I updated the BIOS and ran a p4 2.8 533mhz HT. I trying to put a P4 3.0e 800mhz 1M cache. I read the other posts about reseting the BIOS. I moved a jumper on the RTC RAM jumper to reset it. I also removed the CMOS batterie. After this none of my processors work the 2.4, 2.8, or 3.0. Does any one have any ideas? So my desktop is down and I am using my laptop to write this.

Default Re: My Asus p4p800 won't boot with my new P4 3.0e

I'm not an expert here, but the P4E on the socket 478 runs extremely hot, and many people underestimated the cooling necessary for this unexpected heater of a processor. Especially considering you went from the earlier 533 MHz version of the P4. I don't know if this relates to your problem, but a relevant comment I wanted to add.

Exclamation Re: My Asus p4C800 won't boot with my new P4 3.0e

I want to clarify I have a asus p4C800 deluxe and I am running a zalman cooler on it. I have been reading other post and the main solution seems to be a CMOS reset or a BIOS flash but since the computer won't work I need to know how to do this by floppy or CD. Any suggestions would help.

Quote Originally Posted by kd132001
    I have a asus p4p800 deluxe I was running p4 2.4 533mhz I updated the BIOS and ran a p4 2.8 533mhz HT. I trying to put a P4 3.0e 800mhz 1M cache. I read the other posts about reseting the BIOS. I moved a jumper on the RTC RAM jumper to reset it. I also removed the CMOS batterie. After this none of my processors work the 2.4, 2.8, or 3.0. Does any one have any ideas? So my desktop is down and I am using my laptop to write this.
    Later you say it P4C800 Deluxe so we will work from there:

1/. ...........After this none of my processors work ............

Quote Originally Posted by kd132001
    .............but since the computer won't work......
    Define wont work please.

Do you get to the bios at all?

Do you have any power to the m/board? (does the led light up?)

The P4C800 Deluxe supports this:
    AI BIOS
    CrashFree BIOS 2~
    Whenever BIOS gets corrupted, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2 allows users to reboot the computer and perform an smart auto-recovery procedure through the motherboard support CD.

Have you read your manual on this topic?

More detail please, I am just hoping you used the applicable updating tool, the information on the bios flash update download page is specific (though easy to miss because of the colour):

1. Do not use old version Afudos.exe to flash BIOS.Must use new Afudos(2.07) to flash BIOS.
    2. Using ASUSLiveUpdate to flash BIOS, you need to upgrade ASUSLiveupdate to v 5.22.02 or later before flash BIOS.
    What bios revision did you flash try to flash to? etc

more information will make the troubleshooting easier.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Exclamation Re: My Asus p4p800 won't boot with my new P4 3.0e

I'm sorry for the vauge info. My computer was running fine I was running BIOS ver. 1019 for about a month I had flashed the BIOS with the most up to date
    ASUSLiveupdate. Then one day I tried to put a new P4 3.0e in the computer had
    the below problems. So I read on another post that reseting the CMOS and RTC jumper on the board fixed this problem. I did this and ran into the problem I have
    now.
    What I mean by not working is the LED on the mother board lights up, the fans spin the HD's spin the CD drives spin, but none thing appears to the screen. I have tried starting the computer with both my win xp disc and the asus cd that came with my motherbroad. I tried to flash the BIOS from floppy but the floppy disk will not be reconized. Anyone have any ideas? Do I need to do something else to use the CrashFree Bios? My manual seems short on this piont.

Looking at the page linked below there appears to be a bios flash required for the 2.8 533. Did you flash this revision before trying that cpu?
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusu...pusupport.aspx

You don't say how long the cmos battery was out? 5 minutes plus?

Another thing to try is to remove the cmos battery and boot the pc once maybe twice to discharge any residual current in the bios. I presume the jumpers you used are reset to their defaults?

It really sounds like a flash gone wrong to me sorry to say. Let me know if any of the above works.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

I have had the same type of problem only not to the extreme... I was able to recover using my Asus CD... So my questions is this... I am trying to update to the 1019 BIOS and NO its not because thats the newest... its because I have a 36GB SATA Drive (WD Raptor) which was iffy at best using the old bios as to whether or not it would see the drive, I was told the 1019 solves almost all if not all SATA problems.. and no Im not raiding it incase your wondering, only 1 HD :) (thinking about it though) ANYWAY the question I am Finally getting to is I tried using afudos 211 instead of 207 does it matter? I was thinking about it and they are very specific it says to use 207, although you would HOPE that since 211 is the newest available it would work with no problems... I am starting to think I have lost my mind, this is the 2nd day I will be attempting this, flashing a BIOS has never been this difficult... PLEASE HELP ME, before I goto my tool bag get out a large hammer and goto work on brand new mobo.

H.L.

Haven't used afudos to flash my bios ever so I am at a loss regerding it's use.

When I flash my bios I use AsusUpdate v5.30.01 which is available at the asus site.

This can be run from within windows and does not require the use of a bootable floppy, see how go with that.

Thread Information