Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Athlon 64 3200 k8t Neo

Angry Athlon 64 3200 k8t Neo

Hello all, recently i have decided to upgrade. I got this system setup

Athlon 64 3200
    MSI K8T Neo Board
    Generic Mem pc 2700 256 and 1 gig
    and some pci stuff
    Some hds and cd drvs

Now Before I installed this board the otherone i had worked fine. However after installing this one, i cannot get my VGA to show. I have an NVIDIA 5500 card. I have disconnected and reconnected with no luck. I am not sure of the problem since on the back of computer where the EXTRA usb with the led lights have 3 red and 1 green. The Green is on the upperleft corner and that means its initiating chipset or at least thats what the manual says. Have you heard of this problem? Thanks for any help im pretty tired.

Default Re: Athlon 64 3200 k8t Neo

Your words "i cannot get my VGA to show ". I assume that you have no video at all on your monitor ... no POST at all? You refer to an upgrade but have neglected to say just what parts are new. Is the RAM all known to be good? Have you tried one stick at a time? What power supply are you using?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Unhappy Re: Athlon 64 3200 k8t Neo

Ok Yea I get no Post No VGA Meaning the monitor does not turn on, and yes the memory is good because I just put my other motherboard back in. This is generic memory. All of my components are new. I use a 580 watt demon power supply. I am assuming that the problem is the memory since it is low quality. The speed is pc 2700 a 1 gig and 256 mg. I have tried everything. I checked to see if it was shorting from the case still no result. I elimitated until i was down to the harddrive and still no result. The heatsink is warm so I am assuming that its not the cpu. I dont even get beep codes.

Thanks to you all for your help and intrest I really appretiate it. Please let me know if there is anything else i can do.

By the way i am considering getting 1 2 gig stick of Corsair memory. Please Please let me know if this is wise because I need about 2 gigs of mem. Let me know if I need to get 2 sticks of 1 gig mem or any other combo that works. thanks so much
    Last edited by chyv1083; 06-04-2005 at 01:24 AM. Reason: forgot to put more info in

So the motherboard is what has changed? First off... your best bet is to reinstall Windows fresh. But before you do that, you should be able to get the system to at least POST. Even if the mainboard is new in the box, always clear the CMOS settings. This should be done by means of a jumper on the board and/or removing the round CMOS battery for about 15 minutes. Sometimes boards are tested at the factory and not reset to automatically detect your configuration.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Red face Re: Athlon 64 3200 k8t Neo

Yea i am planning to get the new memory and then have everything installed fresh because nothing is happening when I turn on the computer. The fans spin and the heatsink gets warm, however there is no video display no beep codes or post. I think it may be the memory that I have because the only sticks that i have are the ones from my other motherboard and it is a generic pc 2700 brand.

Its interesting because the memory as well as all of my other components work perfectly fine on my other motherboard that I still own, but then again the mobo really isnt high tech like this MSI K8T Neo board that needs all the name brand stuff . The board that the hardware works on is an FIC KT-400-A which really isnt that much of a serious board so.

BTW i did try to reset the cmos and that didnt work either unfortunately. So getting new mem is the only way to go i think.

HAve u succeeded in starting the computer?

i also got a new motherboard with the same configuration and no POST BEEP; NO VIDEO

PLEASE GIVE SOME HELP

Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed on the board, especially if your CPU is a venice core. (Of course, this might be hard to do if you can't POST... ) Perhaps you have a friend that would let you use his CPU to do this?

Thread Information