Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MicroStar MS-6577....cant find the drivers?

Default MicroStar MS-6577....cant find the drivers?

i've looked at the Microstar website, and i cant seem to find the MS-6577 mobo drivers....right now it seems that there are absolutely no drivers installed on my mobo, which is preventing my video card from functioning properly, does anybody know a source where i can find MS-6577 drivers? any help would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: MicroStar MS-6577....cant find the drivers?

Not sure if it will work without some form of drivers already installed but try this : http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...ist.php?kind=1 . The fifth download from the top may be of interest "MSI Live Update". Good luck.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

thank you so much for the help, the utility found many updates, but i still have one more question-- i have a Radeon 9800Pro 128mb, and i cant figure out which VGA driver is the proper one to download for the motherboard, i used the utility and a whole list came up, i was wondering if you can help me pick one out:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27

This is the ATI driver download site. Unless there is a particular reason you need the MSI driver for your ATI card, just get the most recent available from ATI. Catalyst v5.6 is current right now but they usually come out with new drivers every month or two.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i do have the ATI 5.6 catalyst, but i still cannot enable the AGP4X function with the SMARTGART system which ATI implemented, i've asked customer support for ATI and they suggest i download all drivers for my mobo

What they are hoping for is that your mainboard manufacturer has put out an updated AGP driver (not VGA).
    My Toys

so if i dont see an AGP driver listed does that mean im pretty much out of luck?

Possibly... I'm not finding your particular motherboard on their website, though. Is this an MSI mainboard from a PC manufacturer (Compaq, HP...)?
    My Toys

yea it came with my Compaq Presario 6450NX

That would be why it isn't on the MSI site then. A lot of manufacturers have motherboards specially made for their OEM machines and they aren't retail. They are also often stripped of certain capabilities to keep costs down. You might try looking at the Compaq site (aka hp.com) and see if they offer updated AGP drivers for your machine.
    My Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information