Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ABIT IS7- V2 Motherboard Alarm help

Angry ABIT IS7- V2 Motherboard Alarm help

I have pretty much exhausted the search for help on this motherboard's alarms. I have just assembled the mother board and placed everything on the system at least two or three times in an attempt to reseat things.

Problem: When the system starts to boot I get a blank screen. I never see the bios page or anything indicating that the system is coming up. I hear audio indicators that things like the CD-Rom\DVD and other drives are spinning up. I can see that the motherboards power indicator is on. So things appear to be in the process of coming up. This goes on for about 5 - 10 seconds and then I get an audio alarm from the system. The alarm is steady and continuous for about 4 - 5 seconds before it terminates. There is a wait of about 2 seconds before the same steady alarm sounds., this loop is repeated continuously.

I cannot find anything on the ABIT site for this alarm.... anyone have an idea as to what the alarm is attempting to inform me of?

Thanks,
    Norman

P.S. Its coming to this soon...
    Last edited by ollic; 07-17-2005 at 05:45 AM.

Default Re: ABIT IS7- V2 Motherboard Alarm help

If your Abit board is like my AV8, you have to have a fan hooked up to the CPU header with at least a 1200RPM speed. Even if you just throw an old 60mm fan with 3-pin power onto this header it should allow you to get into the BIOS. From there you can go in and disable it and you'll be good to go from there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: ABIT IS7- V2 Motherboard Alarm help

Thanks but that did not work. Any one know where ABIT posts its motherboard alarms?
    Last edited by ollic; 07-19-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Thread Information