Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: pc shuttin down after 3sec

Default pc shuttin down after 3sec

hello guy's

i'm having problems with my computershutting off.this what happen.my sister had an old pc so we got a new case without the motherboard and i took a motherboard out another computer that was faster installed a new hd and everything it was working find .and all of a sudden the computer start shutting off.i'll turn it on and 2sec it will shut down.i replaced the power supply reinstalled the cpu with new glue and all and it still doing the same thing. do anyone have the answer for my problem?

jay adams

Default Re: pc shuttin down after 3sec

Um there are metal screws to screw down the mother board to your new case, check if there are extra ones behind the mother board, cause if there are then that means your mother board is being shorted out..and if that keeps happening = bye bye mother board.

Default Re: pc shuttin down after 3sec

Quote Originally Posted by jayder
    hello guy's

i'm having problems with my computershutting off.this what happen.my sister had an old pc so we got a new case without the motherboard and i took a motherboard out another computer that was faster installed a new hd and everything it was working find .and all of a sudden the computer start shutting off.i'll turn it on and 2sec it will shut down.i replaced the power supply reinstalled the cpu with new glue and all and it still doing the same thing. do anyone have the answer for my problem?

jay adams
    Assuming its not shorting out, which is possible, I suggest RESETTING the bios and disabling any fancy power options in your bios. Bad ram can also cause restarts and shutdowns as well as a PSU. If it's a driver causing the problems, which I doubt, you can always start your system in safe mode to see what happens. Thats were I'd start then try remounting the mainboard if that fails.

Thread Information