Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: DFILanparty - Dead board?

Default DFILanparty - Dead board?

I finally built the new rig, but it started having major issues. Nothing would install, the system would reboot when attempting to play any game. So I figured I'd clear CMOS and reinstall the OS. I turned off the computer, disconnected the power cable from my secondary hdd and turned the computer back on. That's when this all started. The computer never came back on and hasn't since.

After researching the mobo thoroughly I learned there are four red lights indicating the startup sequence. 4= system startup. 3= cpu found. 2= dram found 1= vga found. 0= successful startup. I'm only getting 3 lights.

This problem has happened here and ther but now it won't come back.

I figure it's either the RAM, mobo or psu. I've tried using value select ram and got the same results. The atx cable is a 20 pin where it connects to the psu but a 24 pin where it connects to the board. I'v heard the lanparty's don't like 24 pin adapters, so I wonder if a native 24 pin psu would help.

Any suggestions on what to replace would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: DFILanparty - Dead board?

There are several DFI LANParty boards, but I'd guess you have a socket 939 on since you say it has a 24-pin power connector. If that is the case, then I'd recommend you get yourself a new PSU that actually has a 24-pin power connector. It had better be at least 480W from a decent company, as well.

I'll probably have to end up replacing all three items. But I guess the psu is a good place to start. Any recommendations on one? It seems everyone I find isn't really 24 pin. They either come with a 20-24 pin adapter or are like the one I have that start with 20 and end up as 24.

Check the pictures. Though I think this will do it for you, depending on what the rest of your hardware is.

Well, the power supply wasn't the problem. I didn't think it was, but I've heard nothing but bad reviews about Ultra Products anyway. The new psu is a PC Power and Cooling Turbo 510 SLI.

So it's either gotta be the motherboard or the RAM at this point. I'm going to start with replacing the motherboard. I've tried two other types of RAM with the board with no success (although they wre cheap sticks).

I don't need an SLI board so I was think DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D, but I'm not too sure about DFI anymore. I mean this just kinda kicked the bucket out of nowhere. Someone ( I think casecutter) recommended an MSI Neo board but I've heard some bad reviews about that one. My personal experience with MSI hasn't been that good either.

Any recommendations for a mobo to work with an FX-55, X850XT and OCZ PC 4000 VX?

You should be able to get a replacement for the board for no cost other than shipping... No reason to buy a new board. Otherwise, go with a DFI nForce 4 Ultra board, instead. The MSI isn't bad, but I just don't see it as having any advantage over DFI.

I've heard nothing about PC Power and Cooling, but the Newegg reviews suggest it's a good PSU, as does its rating on the 12v rail.

Thread Information