Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disgruntled hp owner

Default Re: disgruntled hp owner

very cool. as i just recently purchsded my x800xl &didnt want 2 upgrade yet. so the agp cards w/good amd cpu & mobo { like your set up } can still run latest games fairly fast w/alot of the graphic & phyisic's features enabled? frys has a amd 3200+ w/gigabyte GA-K8NSC939 mobo comb for $229. is that a good deal? would it be faster than my p4? it is agp. i looked several places 4 the mobo u mentioned & couldnt find. only located the pci-version. do u know where i can get? & about how much $$ they are? & what does san diego, venice, & winchester mean? is it just the names? when i look @the cpu's i dont see those names anywhere w/them. hmpf.
    thanx agn 4 all the help!

www.newegg.com

Try checking htere since you're US bases. They have prices that are very hard to beat and they don't rape you on shipping charges either. I'd be willing to bet that they will beat any prices offered at Fry's.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

This:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103537

+ this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130514

=

far superior performance and it will easily out game your P4 by a wide margain. Plus, you will be able to overclock it reasonably well with the stock heatsink and get even more performance for your buck. Your 3D scores are not going to jump up by alot, but your real world performance will definitely jump up alot.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

that sounds great. those parts are very resonably priced also! i have another ? reguarding the amd cpu's. is the 3000+ " venice " better than an opposing amd cpu that doesnt have a name after it like venice etc? even if it boasts higher speed ie: 3200+ ? if so, why? thanx agn for all the help, u have been very enlightening.
    also thanx darthtanion 4 his help. u 2 are only 1's who reply. helps keep beginers like me in the game !

Make sure it is a Socket 939 CPU you are looking at. And if you do not overclock much or don't plan on doing any overclocking, you may want a 3200+, or even a 3500+ as they have a faster stock speed. But, if you like to overclock, the 3000+ Venice will keep up with even the 3800+ Venice.

Same thine between the AMD64 Venice or AMD64 Winchester. The Venice is a better overclocker. If you do not intend on overclocking, you do not need to worry about which CPU you get.

My suggestions would be:

1. If you are going to overclock, get an AMD64 3000+ Venice. (cheapest)
    2. If you are not going to overclock get an AMD64 3200+ Venice or Winchester (slightly more expensive)
    3. If you have the extra money and you are not going to overclock, get an AMD64 3500+ Venice or Winchester as it will have a nice high stock speed. (even more expensive)

As strange as it sounds, the AMD64 3000+ Venice will usually overclock just as well as its' more expensive big brothers. Take the cost into consideration and the use. You will get excellent results from any of the CPUs I have listed. And if I have made this too confusing, just ask for more info, I will try to explain it the best I can.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

ok, i think i get it. so those ones { w/name after them } can b overclocked while the others cant, right? also, what size pwr supply should i be using? the new msi mobo wont fit in my stupid hp m380n will it? if not, will a standard mid size atx case wrk?
    thanx agn 4 all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter
    ......And remember, ANY P4 system that is scoring in the 5K+ range in 3D Mark 05 is definitely overclocked, and probably a S775 CPU (Socket 775)..........
    True, but only the video card and a skt 478 to boot
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information