Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for good socket A mobo

Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    They're both the same except that the first one is using the short version of the name while the other is using the full name.
    Wrong. The NF7-S2 is not the same thing as the NF7-S v. 2. It, like so many other boards with NF7 in the name, will not overclock well. You can see a whole list of them here.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRRICCI
    I was bidding on what the seller thought was the S version until the last day he realised it was just a nf7 v2 board. what are the differences between them though?
    S stands for SATA. The NF7 should overclock just as well as an NF7-S. It's basically identical except for the lack of SATA.

You don't have to shop at eBay, either. You can just setup an account at the Anandtech forums and grab an NF7-S for $50-$60 there. I see those and a lot of volt-modded A7N8XE-Deluxe going on AT all the time, so you should have any problems.

2. Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

quick question, is the good abit nf7 board the one with the atx connector parallel or perpendicular to the agp slot.

edit

i'll try going to anandtech again, dont remember why i went to ebay instead, i was having trouble setting some stuff up and finding items
    Last edited by GBRRICCI; 01-17-2006 at 11:01 PM.
    GBRRICCI

Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

I have NF7-Srev2 and it is perpendicular.
    Main Rig-Clr full tower 7 colored fans,Asus A7N8X-Deluxe,Athlon xp3000+,1.5 gig pc3200,Saphire 9600pro 256 mb,Evercool wc101 water cooler,Ultra 500 x-connect,Maxtor 120,Dvd-rom,Dvd-ram,floppy,Windows XP pro sp2,2003 office pro...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information