Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for good socket A mobo

1. Default looking for good socket A mobo

I ussually shop at newegg.com and on it i found ....only that EPoX EP-8RDA3+PRO Socket A (Socket 462) NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail for about $70 plus tax and shipping ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...33#DetailSpecs ) it's a little strange though how there aren't many socket a mobo's there but what i'm looking for is: something that will support my athlon xp 2800+, sata hdd, has dual channel ram and at ddr 400, and the fsb of the mobo to be 333/400ish, and any chipset but sis or via : P. Is the mobo i posted above a good selection though? something for gaming so a solid mobo that can also be overclocked. spending probably less than $100 as well
    GBRRICCI

Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

Try a different site. Newegg doesn't really offer any reasonably-priced enthusiast boards for socket A anymore. You might be best off with eBay or some forums

3. Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

yeah really, they used to have a chaintech board i was looking into but now the selection is down to 3 : P
    GBRRICCI

And its guaranteed to be even less as the days pass too as socket A CPU's became obsolete when the Athlon 64's where released.

5. Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

yarg hehe i don't want to buy another processor just yet, maybe i'll just wait and save for a 64bit one then now that i have a steady income.

[edit: update]
    wow heh, i did a google search for socket a sale and got to directron. looking mainly at an abit: the nf7-s2g, it has everything i wanted as well. i'll look for reviews but does anyone here have good knowledge of if this is a good mobo?
    Last edited by GBRRICCI; 01-14-2006 at 02:21 AM.
    GBRRICCI

Actually it's not a very good board. The NF7-S v. 2 is about the best board you can get (and pretty much all will be v. 2, so don't worry about that).

I have a Abit NF7-rev2 and a Asus A7N8X-deluxe and love both.Sure I did not pay more than 60.00 for either one at Ebay.Shop around,Jo
    Main Rig-Clr full tower 7 colored fans,Asus A7N8X-Deluxe,Athlon xp3000+,1.5 gig pc3200,Saphire 9600pro 256 mb,Evercool wc101 water cooler,Ultra 500 x-connect,Maxtor 120,Dvd-rom,Dvd-ram,floppy,Windows XP pro sp2,2003 office pro...

Indeed, I just bought an NF7-S for $55 at the Anandtech forums.

9. Default Re: looking for good socket A mobo

I was bidding on what the seller thought was the S version until the last day he realised it was just a nf7 v2 board. what are the differences between them though?

also: Abit NF7-S2 & Abit NF7-S Revision 2.0 these are two different motherboards and the s2 has dual channel over he rev 2. which board are you talking about?
    Last edited by GBRRICCI; 01-16-2006 at 02:24 AM.
    GBRRICCI

They're both the same except that the first one is using the short version of the name while the other is using the full name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information