Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASUS A7V333 Sound Confusion

It says that the motherboard has 6 channel sound. where as there is only a single sound output to support 2 channels.

i am assuming that you will need a spdif module to go with it. will iwill's spdif module works with this one because i couldn't find anything like that by asus. is that what you have to do ?

thanks for the help
    ali

:afro:

Contact Asus as they have an optional SPDIF bracket for this and the Iwill's pinout is probably different to the Asus product. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

you can get your 6 channel sound just using the 3 onboard ports, i suggest you have a look at pages 27(#13) and 42(#24) in the manual, that will help you get 4 channels, but looking through the manual quickly, i didn't see how to get the other 2 channels

4 channel surround sound:
    lime, out front speaker
    blue, out rear speaker (line in)
    mic, is mic

5.1:
    lime is front
    blue is rear
    pink is center, subwoofer

Hope this helps... I just got mine going..using 4 channel workin and sounds great.
    ( haven't used 5.1)

I forgot to mention..to change from 2, 4, or 5.1 channel, you use C-media mixer, got to advanced, (lower left) then speakers.. Make your changes there...

does that mean, if you use 4/6 channel sound, you cant use line-in or mic for recording ?

:afro:

I haven't used 6 channel..yet... But in 4 channel you can... I see in my my manual that there is a jumper for 6 channel. that says bass/center, center/bass.. I takeing that as meaning that you can change bass or center to right or left channel, but I have not tried it.. So it looks like the mic won't work on 6 channel, but does on 4 channel... I'm workin 15 hour days, 2 more days till my days off.... then I'll give a few things a try, and know more.. But on 4 channel, my computer and speaker setup, has never sounded so good.....

yep no line in on 4 channel...... ggeeesss pro's and cons...

Thread Information