Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe overclocking experiences

Default ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe overclocking experiences

Well, I have this board. It flies, but hits a wall around 325HTT which sucks since I only have a 9X multi on my CPU. Anyone else have this board and if you do what are your experiences with it. And save your breath with opinions of other boards, I am only looking for info on this board.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Default Re: ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe overclocking experiences

Err... 2.9GHz sucks? Did you switch to Quad-SLI or something? Can't see why you'd need much faster than that.

Also, it might just be the CPU. Unless you've lowered the multiplier and still can't go higher, I wouldn't be that surprised if your Opty topped out there. Most go past 3GHz, but it's not out of the question that it could top out at 2.9.

Default Re: ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe overclocking experiences

No, 2.9GHz does not suck in the least. I should have stated that I am greedy. My CPU is good for 3.05 prime stable as that was where it would run on the SLI-D board I used to run. This is a bios/motherboard issue I am having. And honestly, I am doing better than most people with this board because alot of people need to run the ram 2T over 300HTT and I am still able to run it 1T. I tried everything humanly possible to run it faster, it just will not boot over 328HTT and it is only prime stable @ 323HTT. If it won't go any faster, I still consider myself very lucky to get it stable @ 2.9GHz (1.42V too). I am just looking for the maximum possible speeds for benchmarking. I am going to try out Crossfire very soon as I have a master on the way so it would be nice to go higher. And at 8X Multi it still stops around 328HTT. And the other problem is that there are no Windows based overclocking programs that can change the clocks as well.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thread Information