Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: upgrade time!

Ok, I posted a 'what to buy' thread under the appropriate section and got some very helpful input, and then they recommended I come talk to you guys. I'm going to have some extra cash this month and have decided to do a little box work. I'm a design student so I need something stable in a mobo/processor combo, this is what I've got right now:

Jabil Kodoka mobo
    slot A Athlon 850
    768mb SDram
    geForce2 mx400
    SB Audigy
    Win ME

I would imagine that I won't be getting a new slot A, and I MAY or may not upgrade to win xp pro or 2000pro. The folks over in the 'what to buy' threads suggested going with a kt266a chipset for stability, but I noticed in some of the other posts here there was some concern over the 'age' of the technology. I was looking at an ASUS board yesterday, I've heard they are fairly reliable :)

Any input would be much appreciated!!

i got the asus A7V333 a few weeks ago, stable as a rock, the longest its been on at any one time was about 2 days and 17 hours, and i had to reboot cos i installed something...

anyways, good stable board, lotsa features. in fact, the only thing wrong with it is the price... its pretty expensive when compared to other KT333 boards

EPoX 8K3A/8K3A+ boards are also very stable plus come at a price below those of Asus 1's. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

what do you think of an epox 8khal? I'm thinking that and an Athlon 1.4ghz...

Thread Information