Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ecs L4s8a2

Default Ecs L4s8a2

Was curious if anyone could help me here. I seen a few auctions on ebay and decided it was time to upgrade my proc. Am I right in the belief that my motherboard will handle a 3.0 ghz HT proc? A list or something would be helpful. Thanks for your time!!

Default Re: Ecs L4s8a2

Sorry I also wanted to add I found a site thats says my motherboard will run the 3.06 ht proc, but ecs also has the same board but it is called L4s8a2/ht and it says it supports ht so I am wondering if mine will really benefit fomr HT?

Sorry guys I should research this a bit more. I had a friend come here and tell me you guys know your s..it:) I was wondering would I be better off buying a 3.06 or just upgrading the MB itself to a better one with a proc? thanks again. I will be wanting one with agp though as I bought a 7800gs last week.

Although the 3.06 is a Really fast processor, It might be worth considering a upgrade to a new motherboard and Processor. Upgrading now will ensure you will be able to run vista easier along with many other high task programs. If I was in your spot I would just keep the mobo and stick with the 3.06 for a little while longer. Since I dont mess with intel systems much I may not be your best sorce for intel stuff. If you need to keep it for awhile just get some good memory and you alreday got the fastest video card gor agp.
    My System:
    -AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Manchester Em4 Revision
    -Abit KN8-ULTRA
    -X800GTO2 @ X850XT PE (16 pipelines)
    -1024MB PQI TURBO DDR 400 @ (2x512) Dual Channel
    -450W Heavy Duty Rosewill Powersupply
    -Samsung Syncmaster 940BF>>>NEW
    -Seagate 250GB 16MB cache (perpendicular recording) with NCQ...

Thanks trigger for the quick reply. I would just upgrade but I have not had the agp card long so want to get atleast another year out of the life of this computer. If I did upgrade I just want a bit better proc. Be nice if I could find a proc+mb around 3.4 cheap, but I will prob just grab that 3.06 becasue currently I have a 2.4 Im just confised if my mb will actually benefit from the HT

the MOTHERBOARD will not benefit from HT, YOU will. multitasking will be smoother, but conversely, games may run slightly slower than they would with HT turned off. multithreaded apps will benefit, too.
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

Quote Originally Posted by catp
    Was curious if anyone could help me here. I seen a few auctions on ebay and decided it was time to upgrade my proc. Am I right in the belief that my motherboard will handle a 3.0 ghz HT proc? A list or something would be helpful. Thanks for your time!!
    The only HT compatable CPU that will work that mainboard is the 533MHz FSB 3.06GHz one (other HT CPU's use a 800MHz FSB which isn't supported by your mainboard).

You will get some performance improvement with that upgrade but your biggest problem will still remain the memory bottleneck of your mainboard's chipset (single channel DDR P4 setups can only supply the CPU with half its capable bandwidth).

There's always overclocking
    My System:
    -AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Manchester Em4 Revision
    -Abit KN8-ULTRA
    -X800GTO2 @ X850XT PE (16 pipelines)
    -1024MB PQI TURBO DDR 400 @ (2x512) Dual Channel
    -450W Heavy Duty Rosewill Powersupply
    -Samsung Syncmaster 940BF>>>NEW
    -Seagate 250GB 16MB cache (perpendicular recording) with NCQ...

Thread Information