Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A7V333 Help!!!!!

I bought the new A7V333 and I'm having nothing but problems. I also bought Athon xp2100 cpu. I installed everything correctly and booted the system up. It gave me a verbal error that the CPU test failed. After uninstalling and reinstalling it several times and reading the manual several times. I bought a new processor and tried it as well. Well it still didn't bootup just gave me the same error message. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Please help.

Is the HSF fan being monitored by the motherboard or are you just running it straight from the PSU? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

yes the hsf is being monitored by the motherboard

are you using jumper free mode??
    if you are, all dip switches should be set to "off"

Sounds to me like a defective motherboard.... Since you have 2 CPU's ....

That's if your are certain you set the Bios up correctly with the right values for your hardware

yes jumper free mode and all are off.

I just fitted the same mobo with an athlon xp2000 and had an identical problem. Eventually by trial and error I found there was nothing wrong with any of my components but the "jumper free" mode just dosen't seem to work. Swap the jumper to manual setting of the clock frequency and setting it to 133mHz. By doing this it booted straight off and has run with no problems for two days now.

As a relative novice I found the manual confusing - can anyone enlighten me on the non-working jumper free issue?

I have been using the same broad with XP 1800+. Absolutely no problem. Sounds like you have a bad board unless you played with the jumper setting.

I am using Jumper-free mode with no hiccup. I also find the manual fine but not good since they missed something and have to post update in Asus's web.:thumb:

Ill try that gadget and see if it works. thanks

I just tried "jumper free" mode for about the fifth time and for some unknown reason it worked - same settings as originally when I first booted. Maybe it was just a dodgy connection in the jumper cap....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information