Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I have a question about an Asus mobo

Default I have a question about an Asus mobo

I'm having a custom comp built and I'm seriosly thinking about putting a striker extreme mobo in it. My question is about the memory. I've been reading about the sli memory that has recently come out, will this memory work on this motherboard? I've read that it will but the specs that asus wrote says nothing about it. Does anyone know about this? Thanks
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Extreme Spirit NB heatsink
    Corsair XMS2 PC2 8500 (2gigs)/with fans
    Ocz Gamestream 700 watt psu
    Geforce 7900gs oc Video card
    Half a tarabyte hard drive space
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Default Re: I have a question about an Asus mobo

SLi memory is produced solely for highend nVIDIA chipsets (I don't know of anyother chipset that can make the most of them).

Quote Originally Posted by wily5150 View Post
    I'm having a custom comp built and I'm seriosly thinking about putting a striker extreme mobo in it. My question is about the memory. I've been reading about the sli memory that has recently come out, will this memory work on this motherboard? I've read that it will but the specs that asus wrote says nothing about it. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

To know about what memories r certified by nvidia as the SLI memory, u can check out this link :-

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizon...rtified_memory

The memories which r on the top of the list r really fast & u should buy the Corsair or the OCZ modules (If u can afford them,ofcourse)coz they r faster than the rest.

To know more, about the EPP download this Whitepaper :-

http://www.slizone.com/object/LO_epp_whitepaper.html

BTW, u can check out the first link for everything u need(SLI ready devices) to build an SLI system.

These DIMMs are tested and certified for both AMD and Intel platforms.So, u can rest assured that ur Asus Striker Extreme will work with these memories.

OCZ has many SLI ready memories :-

http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...idia_sli_ready
    Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-28-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44 View Post
    SLi memory is produced solely for highend nVIDIA chipsets (I don't know of anyother chipset that can make the most of them).
    Asus Striker Extreme is based on the Nforce 680i SLI chipset.So, the Nvidia certified SLI memories on the previous link will work on the mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDATHLONFX View Post
    Asus Striker Extreme is based on the Nforce 680i SLI chipset.So, the Nvidia certified SLI memories on the previous link will work on the mobo.
    Do you have a prob understanding English or do you just go around repeating the obvious or do you just like making useless posts?

Memory labeled as SLI is just a marketing technique to raise prices. My ram would smoke all that SLI garbage. Do not buy it. It is a ripoff. ANY memory works exactly the same with SLI.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44 View Post
    Do you have a prob understanding English or do you just go around repeating the obvious or do you just like making useless posts?

I'm not making any useless posts.I've posted what wily5150 wanted to know about.I don't know why u r criticizing every posts by me & I also don't have any prob understanding english.

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter View Post
    Memory labeled as SLI is just a marketing technique to raise prices. My ram would smoke all that SLI garbage. Do not buy it. It is a ripoff. ANY memory works exactly the same with SLI.
    Ya, I'm completely agree with u CC.These all r marketing gimmicks & wily5150, u should go for what CC has suggested.Don't go for those memories by paying a hell lot of money.There may be some differences but that's negligible & not worth the extra money.So, stay away from them & just buy any branded 800Mhz DDR2 for your Asus board.
    Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-31-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Thread Information