Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus P5K or Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

Cool Asus P5K or Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

Which one is better Asus P5K or Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6? because I'll probably buy one or the other, and I think the only difference is that the P5K has two pci express slots (which is unnecessery for me because I won't buy two graphics cards) but the price is similar.

just tell me which one would you buy.

Default Re: Asus P5K or Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

I preferthe Gigabyte boards mainly because Asus support has a tendency to suck. As for the GB board, it has 2 PCI-E x16 slots according to the manufacturer's webpage.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

just forget what I said about the GB pci-e slots, I was looking to wrong mobo picture when I wrote that.

But I found an even better version of that asus board, the P5KC, it has all the features of the other mobo and also support for both DDR2 and DDR3 memory.

ASUS support may suck but at least their mainboards work properly which I can't say for Gigabyte's though I wouldn't go for mainboard with DDR3 yet either.

Thumbs down Re: Asus P5K or Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion View Post
    I preferthe Gigabyte boards mainly because Asus support has a tendency to suck. As for the GB board, it has 2 PCI-E x16 slots according to the manufacturer's webpage.
    Boy, after owning the GA N680SLI DQ6 rev2 for one month I've discovered two things:
    1) there is absolutely no effective support on any level, in any way whatsoever from Gigabyte.
    2) they sure know how to hype their boards with all the improved cooling, mosfat/capacitor hardware, quad this, quad that, but, in reality I have never owned such a cow as this board and have ordered an ASUS P5K x38 board; I will never purchase a Gigabyte product again-I'm not alone.

I've only owned ASUS for 15 years now, with the exception of this Gigabyte contraption, and have found their support to be improved over the years. Finnally, their technology truly evolves, adding useful features as well as improved hardware/cooling that work well-keeping in mind nothing is perfect. Their BIOS updates are frequent and meaningful.

Sooo, I guess we disagree on this one, but, each to his own as they say.......

Did you buy one yet?

Thread Information