Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus Striker II Motherboard Problems

Question Asus Striker II Motherboard Problems

Hi everyone. Recently I built my own computer. It as a quad core 3.0 ghz processor, an Asus Striker II motherboard, 4GB of DDR2 800 Mhz RAM, a 8800 GT Nvidia Graphics Card and a 680 Watt power supply. Before I started the computer, I had 2 GBs of RAM in slot A1. After I installed Vista, I turned the computer off and put another 2 GBs of RAM in slot A2. When I went to restart, I got no monitor feed. Now, the motherboard turns on when I flip my power supply switch and it doesn't turn off unless I flip the switch. I also still get no monitor feed. Any ideas?

Default Re: Asus Striker II Motherboard Problems

hey mate dont worry it's just the lights isent it they should always be on i dont know what they are for but they are meant to be on its all sweet, if you are doing anything to it switch it off at the back and wait for the lights to turn off

Default Re: Asus Striker II Motherboard Problems

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyBobs View Post
    Hi everyone. Recently I built my own computer. It as a quad core 3.0 ghz processor, an Asus Striker II motherboard, 4GB of DDR2 800 Mhz RAM, a 8800 GT Nvidia Graphics Card and a 680 Watt power supply. Before I started the computer, I had 2 GBs of RAM in slot A1. After I installed Vista, I turned the computer off and put another 2 GBs of RAM in slot A2. When I went to restart, I got no monitor feed. Now, the motherboard turns on when I flip my power supply switch and it doesn't turn off unless I flip the switch. I also still get no monitor feed. Any ideas?

I was looking at this post -somewhat concerned I have signed up to this forum. with 2x2GB RAM you want to occupy A1 & B1 [blue slots] or A2 & B2 [white slots] I would not place RAM in the A1 & A2 config as you have done. I think you will find your system will run a lot better

Regards

Paul

Thread Information