Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Needed - Gigabyte 7VRXP ... Please ....

Oh yeah, this is with an AMD 2000 and PC2700 cs2 ram w/raid 2x60gb ata 133 7700rpm maxtors...

ATM I'm getting 44c idle and 48c under load though with the temp sensor reading the temp off the resistors under the core I'd say that this is an inflated temp reading till I get a CompuNurse to be sure. But I run SETI 24/7 even while games are being played and no stability issues have popped up and I'm running my 1800+ @ 2100+. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Took me a couple of hours, but my GA-7VRXP is running fine now. I was becomming a bit worried though. :confused:
    With all the negative postings.

I found out that installing Win 98SE was the major problem with this board. Somewhere I red "Don't use the drivers on the CD they are no good". For win98 SE this seems to be right. After downloading new drivers, my problems were all gone.

Good to hear as I was startin' to think that I'd got the only 2 ones that worked and I was doin' something wrong. :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    The "Detecting" bit is that the onboard Promise controller is enabled. If your not using that controller (like me) then go into the BIOS and disable it so ya don't have to put up with that. :smokin:
    What does the Promise controller exactly do. I am not using RAID but I do have a 133 ATA harddisk. So if I disable this controller does ATA 133 still work. Some of my system specs:

IDE1 Plextor burner
    IDE2 Pioneer DVD-rom
    IDE3 Maxtor 740X
    IDE4 Empty

I configured my system this way because the manual of my Plextor says that a Master Slave configuration is bad for the performance of the CD-writer.
    I had problems installing a CD-rom on IDE 3 or 4. So when this setup worked I was very pleased, and followed the advice..
    <center>
    IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

<center>:wave:<center>

Yes disabling it will effectively kill IDE3 and 4 though I always set CD-RW's and CD/DVD ROMs as CDRW master and CD/DVD's as slave on the secondary IDE (IDE2) and never had any probs with that setup and then the HDD set as master to the Primary IDE (IDE1). :smokin:

I just recently bought my GA-7VRXP and haven't had any major problems.... ATI AIW 8500DV running at AGP4x... the most annoying thing I've had is the crackling sound... this is with Via 4-in-1 4.40v.

I still haven't figured out how to clean up the on-board sound except by lowering the UDMA mode of the HDD

John.

I don't have any sound probs (but then I've had no probs at all) but I'm using the 4.38 version. :smokin:

I usually had bad noise on my speaker when I run CPU idle 5.9. The manual in CPU idle says that I have bad soundcard/PSU. I'm using live! and 350w PSU.

Btw when I tried to enable the onboard sound on my 7VRXP the sound seems ok, but the quality far behind my sblive!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information