Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: best x38 mother board

Default best x38 mother board

hi i currently have an asus p5k motherboard and i did buy 2x1gb dominator memory pc2-8500, but i have just found out that my bios needed to be updated to accept this memory. Plus there was an update for it to make 1066mhz bus speed chips compatable, are these 2 updates needed seperately?(i didn't know about this update and i think i've blown my ramas 1 stick isn't workin any more (i don't know if this is still covered by corsairs lifetime warranty) i get this light sound of 2 beeps followed by another 2 beeps

i have also got an e6600 cpu(gonna change soon), 2 x gigabyte 3870 512mb(1 in pc, waitin for 1 to be delivered, also fitting both cards with thermaltake duorbs vga cooler!!)scythe ninja rev.b

the thing is i'm not into upgrading bios's, never done it, asus ezflash says it only supports fat32 and my hdd runs on ntfs, i'm not sure but i don't think i can choose both.

so what i'm basically looking for is a motherboard that can support my graphic cards, let me use a 1333 fsb chip and i might go for ddr3 instead, but i would like to have four slots, i don't want a mixed ddr2/3 board, i was thinkin of going forward from p35 to x38 chipset because of the pci-e 2.0 for gaming with my 2 cards will pci-e 2.0 make a difference compared to 1.1

i was looking for motherboard and noticed this gigabyte board

Gigabyte motherboard GA X38-DS4 LGA775 Intel X38 1600 FSB DDR2 Dual PCI-E 2.0 x16 ATX - GA X38-DS4 - microdirect.co.uk

just wondering if my corsair dominator pc2-8500 and a 1333 fsb cpu and my xfire gigabyte 512mb 3870 would be supported with out any bios updates

or can you recommend a board that will support all of my system, could be tempted to buy an x48, if the price is right as 4 gpu's are tempting!!!!

all help highly appreciated

Default Re: best x38 mother board

I though Asus EZ flash supported NTFS too? Are you sure it only said FAT32? Also do you not have a floppy drive you could use to update your bios? It isn't as hard as you may think.
    Last edited by obso1337; 02-25-2009 at 11:25 PM.

I though Asus EZ flash supported NTFS too? Are you sure it only said FAT32? Also do you not have a floppy drive you could use to update your bios? It isn't as hard as you may think.[/quote]

yes i got a floppy do i need to update with the2 updates

Quote Originally Posted by obso1337 View Post
    I though Asus EZ flash supported NTFS too? Are you sure it only said FAT32? Also do you not have a floppy drive you could use to update your bios? It isn't as hard as you may think.
    hi would i need to apply each update seperately cos i don't know i've seen an update for 1066 fsb and ddr2 1066 update do i need the 2????

can ushow me a link demonstrating how to apply updates with a foppy on my p5k

Thread Information