Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Does anyone know if a BIOSTAR P4M900M4 mobo will support this processor?

Default Does anyone know if a BIOSTAR P4M900M4 mobo will support this processor?

Hi, I was interested in buying the mobo listed in my title for an old P4 processor, but I don't know if the mobo will work with my processor. I have heard that the mobo in question is pretty picky about which processors it will work with (I don't know if that's true however, it's just something that I've heard). I went to BIOSTAR's website, but it didn't offer an answer. The processor I have a 2.66 Northwood P4 (SL6S3). If anyone could help me out with this question and let me know yes for no I would appreciate it. If there's a processor compatibility list floating around for this processor that someone could direct me to that would be great as well.

Thanks for your time.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Does anyone know if a BIOSTAR P4M900M4 mobo will support this processor?

Looks to me as if this is the only Model that does, you will have to see if this refers to your board/chipset or not. CPU-z Should tell you the model and chipset of your board >>>>

CPUID

Here is the CPU support List for your Board
    Biostar USA P4M900M4 CPU Support List

Default Re: Does anyone know if a BIOSTAR P4M900M4 mobo will support this processor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Looks to me as if this is the only Model that does, you will have to see if this refers to your board/chipset or not. CPU-z Should tell you the model and chipset of your board >>>>

CPUID

Thank you.

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know if a BIOSTAR P4M900M4 mobo will support this processor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

CPUID

I am very impress by your quick response to the above quiry. Am proud to be a member of this forum. Keep up with your good work. Cheers
    Intel Pentium Core2Duo E6750 2.33.00GHz | BIOSTAR TP35D2-A7 P35 | XPertVision GeForce 8600GTS 256MB DDR| Seagate Cheetah 37GB SCSI 10000RPM | Hitachi 320GB SATA | Seagate Tape Drive STT20000A | PATRIOT 4GB 800DDR2 | LG DVD16XReWriter | Motorola SURFboard CableModem | PanaScope SP900 | Intel PRO/1000 CT Network | CoolerMaster | Enermax | WinXP PRO SP2

"I once tried sniffing coke, but the ice cube got stuck in my nose"

Thanks man!

If you ever need anything feel free to post, Ill try my best to help ya out

I've same question....

Is BIOSTAR P4M900M4 mobo supports Pentium-4 SL79K (2.88 GHz) processor?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Vayu

I answered above, you will have to check to see if your board has the chipset I circled, if so then yes, if not then no

Thread Information