Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My first computer to build need advice

Default My first computer to build need advice

I just purchased the XFX nforce 790i ultra with 750 PSU w/intel core T8400 3.ghz and Gforce GTX280 1 gig with set of OCZ 1600 ram i just noticed on the box the the MB reads DDR3 1333 MHZ will this be ok for the board and is this system good start? thanks for your knowledge :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: My first computer to build need advice

T8400, do you mean E8400, hope so the T8400 is a laptop CPU and should not be used in a desktop build. It may not even work at all?

As for your ram, yes 1066 will run fine in that board as long as the ram is DDR3. Otherwise it wont even fit into the slots

Yes, I meant E8400 and my main question was I purchased set of OCZ DDR3 2gig of1600 and then noticed on the box it supports 1333 MHZ will the 1600 be ok ? Also, what do you think about a copper cooling fan? I dont know anthing about tweaking the cpu yet, but soon to come I am sure I will since I like tweaking my linux box, so I want to be prepared for the heat.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by krammer; 10-25-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, that ram speed will be fine. You will have to manually set it up though

Copper cooling fan is better then a NON copper one

Which cooler are you thinking of getting? Anything is better then the stock cooler though, almost

Thread Information