Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soyo SY-K7VTA Pro Bios question.....

I ordered in another BIOS chip for him and inserted it as I couldn't find a suitable one for a loan for a hot fix. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I've never stuffed up a BIOS upgrade, and I'm pretty unlucky..... so it's probably advisable to DIY (providing you have a reliable power source). I just avoid flashing BIOS chips at 6AM and 10PM (when the heavy industry gets turned on in my neighbourhood) ;)

Quote Originally Posted by outvit

Well flashing comes with a known risk... There is always the chance that it will fffff up and something will go wrong... I have only used downloadable bios updates once and that was with my MSI board. It was pretty straight forward and I encountered no problems but be aware that the message, "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" appears on the site.
    installing any type of software or firmware carries a risk..in that it may not install properly, the difference with a bios flash is that it results in a system that won't boot.
    the solution (as long as your bios is socketed) is to pop in another chip - not really a big deal.

the "use at own risk" statement is most likely so that the mfg won't have to cover failed bios flashes under warranty :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information