Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-7VRXP Heat issues!!!

What kind of temps do you get?

My temp (Idle) was 59 C.

After moving my IDE cables a bit, it went down to 57C. The outdoor temperature is about 20C.

I'm getting 46c under full load (42c idle with the Volcano 7+ on medium fan speed) with the room temp at 22c though until I get a CompuNurse and check I think that temp is inflated due to the temp being read off the resistors under the core which do run hot. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

After reading the message from GeeLuv I would like to point out that I have had no problems with this motherboard regaurding stability or overheating. My system is a very similar spec
    Gigabyte GA7-VRXP Board
    2000xp processor
    256mb PC2700 RAM
    ATI radeon 8500
    COOLER MASTER heatsink and fan (This may be a better fan for you) Model No.DP5-6J31C-01

I would like to say that the CPU runs between 49 - 53 degrees
    I have only experienced one problem and that is installing a Creative Audigy sound card, the onboard sound only supports 2 speakers and is not very powerful I have disabled the onboard sound updated the bois and drivers however still it will not recognise that a PCI sound blaster card is connected. I'm sure that there is someone out there with the answer to this, hopefully they will contact me. I beleive that this problem is not restricted to the Gigabyte board but is a compatability issue with the Adigy card and the VIA chipsets

GeeLuv,

I have an obvious question 4 U...

Have you checked that the HSF is not mounted backwards?
    The spring clip used is not symmetrical.
    If it has been mounted backwards, only one edge of the chip will be in full contact with the HSF.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information