Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Any AMD boards with only PCI Express slots

Default Any AMD boards with only PCI Express slots

Ummm yeah the title says it all lol. Anyone know of any boards with ONLY PCI-E slots? PCI is SOOOO 2007!

Default Re: Any AMD boards with only PCI Express slots

That would be just stupid, to have just pcie slots, it will never be just one thing, now video is pcie but network and some sound is pci, by the time pci is gone and sound and network are pcie then video will be something completely new, and no there are no boards with only pcie

Like wow that was a rude reply :( I was just wondering if there were any boards out there like that. For a long time there were boards with both PCI and ISA slots and finally they got rid of ISA so I thought maybe they would get rid of PCI now that most cards now have a PCI-e equivlent.

Thats actually not true, there are still alot of cards that use pci, almost all network cards use pci and alot of sound cards still use pci, only the expensive ones are the ones that use pcie. give it a few more years and pci will probably be gone, but why get rid of something that works well, and doesnt need to be upraded.the main thing holding onto pci is network. most network cards are pci, i dont even know if i've seen a pcie network card.

Thread Information