Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45 Extreme and Q9550

Default EP45 Extreme and Q9550

Hi all

I have a EP45 extreme and a Q9550 with 4 gig of Gskill pc1000 memory.

I have successfully managed to get the cpu to 4.0 ghz by upping the fsb to 8 x 500 and the cpu volts to 1.375 (actually showing as 1.33 in cpuz).
    TEMPS under load are 51-49-54-53
    The memory is at 2.1 volts. I also set the pcie to 100 manually. My problem is i have read in several places that when the other volts are left to auto...it could be harmful to the chip and m/b. The bios on this board is quite complicated to a novice like me and i am worried that there maybe other voltages i need to change. So i am here to see if anyone can help me with this overclock and have any tips as to what to change to ensure i dont blow up mw pc.

My spec is:-
    Q9550
    GA-EP45 Extreme (BIOS f8)
    4gig Gskill pc8000
    2x WD Blacks in Raid 0
    2x ATI 4870 in crossfire
    Kandalf LCS Case

thx in anticipation of any help you can give me.
    Last edited by Griff7520; 01-04-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Default Re: EP45 Extreme and Q9550

any one here?
    Griff

I7 5280k @ 4.2
    ASUS X99-Deluxe II
    CRYORIG A80 AIO
    GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
    Samsung Evo polaris 250gb
    16Gb Avexir core red series
    Evga P2 750 wt
    Phantec Evolv Tg.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff7520 View Post
    Hi all

I have a EP45 extreme and a Q9550 with 4 gig of Gskill pc1000 memory.

I have successfully managed to get the cpu to 4.0 ghz by upping the fsb to 8 x 500 and the cpu volts to 1.375 (actually showing as 1.33 in cpuz).
    TEMPS under load are 51-49-54-53
    The memory is at 2.1 volts. I also set the pcie to 100 manually. My problem is i have read in several places that when the other volts are left to auto...it could be harmful to the chip and m/b. The bios on this board is quite complicated to a novice like me and i am worried that there maybe other voltages i need to change. So i am here to see if anyone can help me with this overclock and have any tips as to what to change to ensure i dont blow up mw pc.

My spec is:-
    Q9550
    GA-EP45 Extreme (BIOS f8)
    4gig Gskill pc1000
    2x WD Blacks in Raid 0
    2x ATI 4870 in crossfire
    Kandalf LCS Case

thx in anticipation of any help you can give me.
    I would be interested in hearing some feedback on this too. My Extreme MB should be hear in a few days. I have a q9550 and will be water cooling the CPU, NB, and the VGA card using a BigWater 760is and an additional Rad. I would like to hit 4.0 Ghz, but from what I see in all forums is the max is 3.8.

Nope, i to hit 500 with my Q6600..and that is all auto exept vcore( not many board is doing that ) , this board you have to tweak, tweak and little more tweaking.

Griff: What have you on Cpu termination volt and mch?
    Yeah, you are right about the auto. Its sets volt to high, but that is not a problem=)( you set your own values )
    To find out what the motherboard like is a different history, becouse when you come up to 480-5xx then you need to spend some hours in bios to get it stabil.
    Last edited by Farmas°yten; 01-03-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Hav

when i first got it to 4.0ghz all other voltages were set at auto....i only manually set the cpu and memory voltage....that is why i made the post because i thought it was not wise to run all the others on auto.....as i did not get a responce to my post i have since had to slow the cpu down to 3.4 as i am more confident that i will not damage the cpu...i really need to know what to set the other voltages at so i can run at 4.0 ghz safely....i am used to asus boards and those bios are a lot easier to understand....there are settings on this board that i dont understand so it is advice i need.
    Griff

I7 5280k @ 4.2
    ASUS X99-Deluxe II
    CRYORIG A80 AIO
    GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
    Evga P2 750 wt
    Phantec Evolv Tg.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please feel free to make a thread in the Gigabyte section as I rarely have time to get into the rest of the forum. I can for sure get you answered over there.

Yes, Auto is not best at all when overclocking, especially Termination Voltage and PLL

For your 500 FSB you may need 1.2-1.36 Vtt (Termination) and 1.5-1.6 PLL

Like I said, if you need some more help please do feel free to make a post in the Gigabyte section as I am often too busy to get into the rest of the forum as I spend 6-9 hours a night in the Gigabyte section

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Please feel free to make a thread in the Gigabyte section as I rarely have time to get into the rest of the forum. I can for sure get you answered over there.

Yes, Auto is not best at all when overclocking, especially Termination Voltage and PLL

For your 500 FSB you may need 1.2-1.36 Vtt (Termination) and 1.5-1.6 PLL

Like I said, if you need some more help please do feel free to make a post in the Gigabyte section as I am often too busy to get into the rest of the forum as I spend 6-9 hours a night in the Gigabyte section

ahhh....ok thanks for that...will post in there when i have another go at 4.0ghz

thx
    Griff

I7 5280k @ 4.2
    ASUS X99-Deluxe II
    CRYORIG A80 AIO
    GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
    Evga P2 750 wt
    Phantec Evolv Tg.

Thread Information