Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: wont POST

Unhappy wont POST

I have an evga 780i mobo, with q6600 chip, 2g ram. The other morning on startup it froze at the very first screen on startup(where it counts up and tests memory) So, I reset the machine, only to recieve intermitten long beeps. I checked the board codes and saw C1, memory code, which i came across before when i had to get an rma for the video card. After swapping sticks back and forth, the code went away along with the long beeps. Then the code on the board was d1, with no video, no keyboard function,or mouse for that matter,,after a few seconds at that code the hd led went out. That is how it sits at the moment.

Has anyone any ideas or thoughts about an avenue to follow to fix this?? Any help would be great

Default Re: wont POST

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: wont POST

ive reset the cmos, bought cheaper, slower memory to get into bios, with the assistance of evga tech support im currently jumping through hoops. finished resetting the chip, etc..

Thread Information