Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP what's wrong with this ram?

Default HELP what's wrong with this ram?

Hi there,

I bought a ddr2-800 pc6400 2x2GB kit from AData Vitesta G Series and mount them into my EP35C-DS3R motherboard, the timings of the manufacturer are 5-5-5-12 1.9-2.1V.
    I didn't make any changes to BIOS and i run the cpuz just to get: 400Mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8v (maximum rate).

What's the wrong here, is it the sticks incompatible or should i make some adjustments in BIOS?

Could some one help me please with the BIOS adjustments since i'm newbie?
    In first place i wanted to run the memory at 4-4-4-12. Is that possible or just dreamin?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: HELP what's wrong with this ram?

Probably nothing wrong with the RAM. Your bios has set it to a standard setting and you will have to manually adjust it to the proper ones. The 400mhz is prolly correct as the reallity is 400mhz x 2 and your reading does not include the muliplier. I'll leave someone else to point you in the right direction to adjust your bios as I do not have your board .... or you could check out the manual..... .
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: HELP what's wrong with this ram?

Thanks PrairieDawg,

I was ready to RMA the RAM, i guess i have to find the right settings. To be honest i bought that RAM but i'm not sure for it's reliability. I was between Geil Black Dragon 2x2gb KIT and the above. The factor that Geil was w/o heat seankers was a negative since the price was the same.

If someone else (like you said) can post some settings for my mobo i will be greatful.

Thanks again...

Thread Information