Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3 bootable usb key

Default GA-EP45-DS3 bootable usb key

I have made a bootable USB flash key, In the BIOS there is a number of options for 1st boot, I have tried USB-FDD and the others, but when i reboot it does not look for the bootable USB key.

I am using the front USB slots on my PC, does anyone know which option to select in the 1st boot, in the BIOS. So i can boot of the key. I used the "HPUSBFW" and "USB-Boot" to make the key bootable.

cheers

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3 bootable usb key

Is there a reason why you haven't tried using the back ports?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    Is there a reason why you haven't tried using the back ports?
    I did try the back ports, but it still did not work...

cheers

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please leave your USB Stick installed, Enable "Legacy USB Storage Detect" in the BIOS and reboot (Leaving the stick plugged in) then hit F12 at boot time and choose "Hard Drive or HDD" and then on the next screen you will see your USB Stick listed, choose it.

Boot Order or settings in the BIOS aside from the ones I mentioned, do not matter. Just use your Boot menu F12 and choose your USB after you choose + HDD

If you still have issues let me know and I can post images of the process. You of course have to have made your USB stick bootable correctly. That is not adding in the files you think may be missing (From the USB Bootable Files) after you make it as they are not supposed to be added manually

Thank you..i'll give it a try, i did not put any extra files on the USB key...except the F9 Bios.

cheers

Thread Information