Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H and ACC in bios

Default Re: Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H and ACC in bios

After seeing your system settings, I went for 210FSB, 16x multiplier, 1.360V. I ran 3DMark06 v1.1.0 twice, stable, and no problems. CPU temp went up to 40C... is that too hot?
    Last edited by xantius; 05-06-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you have it working, do watch out for New BIOS's, I think AMD wants all manufacturers to remove this function. Here is some more info on this I found the other day >>
    Digging For Clues... - Review Tom's Hardware : Phenom II: Unlocking Cores, Cache, And A Free Lunch

i got some bad news... well, kind of...

after updating my bios to f2, i was able to run all 4 cores when setting it to hybrid... but, then, my bios got corrupted. i got a new motherboard the next day, only to find out it wouldn't post. yesterday (it's 2:28am, friday, may 8th :), i took it in, and it turns out my cpu is deffective as well... i was sick of the headaches, so i turned it in for an i7 system, with 6gig tripple channel ram... i have 8 cores runnig now :) (well, 4, and 4 hyper-threating); but it looks cool when i start the 'task manager' and i click on the 'performance' tab. there are 8 little windows :)

i think that the last gigabyte bios messed up my system...

hope you run yours with X4, and succesfuly overclock the heat out of it :)

I installed Windows7 32bit with a 64bit key, hoping it would do the trick, but, of course, it did not... so I downloaded Windows7 64bit... but to get that to run.
    Last edited by Darthtanion; 06-08-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Remove SPAM linkage

i have this setup too... ma790gp-ud4h and x3 720 be and running f1 bios... my problem is that i can't get to into windows 7. after the bootup screen i get a plain black screen and nothing happens. :D

please help me. :D

Sounds like your processor is not working properly with this enabled. Can you get to windows without it enabled? You may need to also try other BIOS versions

yeah... with the f2 bios that i had before though, it gets through with acc enabled but i dont see the 4th core on cpuz. someone told me it might be because of heat. but since im not overclocking, i doubt that it is. are there any other bios versions that work with unlocking the 720be?

thanks lsd for the hasty reply. :D

I went for 210FSB, 16x multiplier, 1.360V
    where do i edit these things? :D

and by the way, i recently switched to gigabyte from emaxx. do i have to reinstall windows? :D it's working fine and i didn't think i should. :D

(im running windows 7 ultimate 64)

Edit button should be by the quote button, but you may need a certain # of posts.

I would say also go ahead and try the latest BIOS as well, as I read Gigabyte had changed it's mind about blocking this no matter what AMD Said so I think it has been added back, possibly with dual/BIOS loading feature which loads part of each BIOS

Emaxx? Sorry, not sure what you are asking? If you meant you switched boards, if it was the same chipset no you don't need to, if it was a different chipset then yes I would advise it for sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information