Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X58 Extreme Mobo is a big mistake

Default X58 Extreme Mobo problems

This board has way to many issues. I did so much research before I purchased this board and still I got screwed. I am going to try and RMA it and get an ASUS.
    Last edited by joshuatree74; 04-21-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Intel Core i7 920 - stock
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme
    12GB Corsair Dominator @1600MHz. - stock
    XFX GTX285 - stock
    2x WD Velociraptor
    Swiftech Ultima WC
    CM Stacker Case
    Corsair 1000w PSU

Default Re: X58 Extreme Mobo is a big mistake

Haha i did the same thing but not with an X58 extreme.

TWO of my EP45-DS3P's failed on me with backup bios checksum errors -- ALL in one week =.=" . i got so pissed off and got the asus board i have now.

NO problem for many months now.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

I just discovered something crazy. If I completely shut the machine down and use the power button on the motherboard to reboot it, it boots fine with all of my stable overclock settings. What is up with that????

Update: I just reversed the polarity of the power signal lines coming from my chassis and it now my system will cold boot no problem. I now have green on the left and black on the right. Is this correct? Or is something wired wrong, chassis or mobo?. The mobo still powers up with the polarity the other way, it is just really unstable. Does the polarity of the power switch really matter? I still think that this is a bug on the mobo, because if the polarity is switched, it should do one of two things, power up correctly, or not at all.

Any insight would be much appreciated,

Josh
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme
    XFX GTX285 - stock
    2x WD Velociraptor
    Swiftech Ultima WC
    CM Stacker Case
    Corsair 1000w PSU

It shouldn't matter, but I have seen cases that had extra led readouts, etc. that required the polarity to be right.

If you trace the two wires back to the switch, do they connect directly to the push button switch? Or is there a little circuit board that the switch is mounted on?

The polarity absolutely does not matter at all. Hence, being able to boot any PC with a screw driver instead of the button. All that matter is a connection is made. The PC then boots. Power LED and HDD LED can be a problem if backwards, but not the power switch itself.
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green
    And several other rigs...

The second time I tried to cold boot the PC, I went back to having the same problem. It must have been an anomaly.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme
    XFX GTX285 - stock
    2x WD Velociraptor
    Swiftech Ultima WC
    CM Stacker Case
    Corsair 1000w PSU

Thread Information