Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First International Computer, AU31 PCB 1.x

Default First International Computer, AU31 PCB 1.x

Ok, my old computer has a First International Computer, Co. AU31 PCB 1.x motherboard using Phoenix TCB 4266 BIOS.

I am having a hard time finding a BIOS update for it... any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex St. John
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: First International Computer, AU31 PCB 1.x

hahah, yeah, that's symptomatic of our age, 5 years = Old.

Thanks, I will try it out.
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

crap... I tried to run the winflash utility to determine which BIOS to download and it won't run, hahaha.
    to be more specific, there was no 'Award' Folder and the exe that was in the unzipped folder was 'broken'... it generated an Error Submission.
    To determine which BIOS version (TCB420JA_256kb_mod.zip or TCB432L_512kb_mod.zip) to use for the AU31 you will need to make a backup copy of your BIOS and determine the file size.

You can do this using WinFlash and these instructions.

Download WinFlash Utility (384KB)
    Save to a folder on your Desktop.

Open folder and double click on Icon to unzip.

Click "Run" and make sure you know where you unziped file to.

Open "Award" Folder and double click on "WinFlash.exe" icon
    Last edited by grishkafool; 05-19-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Best Quote Ever...

Winflash to determine? All you do is download the latest one, or which version you want then flash with it

Do you need me to grab the file for you? If you do let me know which you want and I will download it and re-up it for you here.

Please also let me know if you do have ANY other older versions what the file extension is on those as BIOS files can be named various things and that could also be part of your issue if you did download one and try to flash.

Or are you saying you need a working copy of winflash? If you do you can grab one of those here >>>
    techPowerUp! :: Download Winflash 2.0.0.2

According to the instructions at the link you provided, I need to know which version I need.
    To determine which BIOS version (TCB420JA_256kb_mod.zip or TCB432L_512kb_mod.zip) to use for the AU31 you will need to make a backup copy of your BIOS and determine the file size.You can do this using WinFlash and these instructions.

Download WinFlash Utility (384KB)
    Save to a folder on your Desktop.Open folder and double click on Icon to unzip.
    Click "Run" and make sure you know where you unziped file to.
    Open "Award" Folder and double click on "WinFlash.exe" icon
    I will try the link you posted for the new version of Winflash. Then see what happens....

Best Quote Ever...

Do you have the manual for your board? Or do you know of a webpage with the specs? The BIOS chip size is normally noted in the specs

Or did the new winflash let you save your BIOS and see?

I have used Everest to get a better name for my MoBo, then googled the heck out of it.

Everst recommended using BIOSagent to scan.. blah blah blah.. I will follow this route and see where it leads.

Winflash never would work, not sure why. Don't worry about it. Its not a problem that I really need to address. My wife uses this machine and she is happy with it the way it is. She'd be pissed if I bricked it, lol. Sometime this year I am going to gut it and completely rebuild it as a Micro ATx...

I was just bored and curious... you know, something to do while Prime runs on the other machine, haha.

Best Quote Ever...

okey dokey, this thread is dead.

BIOSagent wants money... not worth it. So, I followed the link that Everest provided to FIC's website and say there isn't a BIOS update for my MoBo- FIC K7M-NF18G (AU31). Thanks for the help, Lsd, but I'm not going to worry about it... at least, not out loud. hahahahah aa ahem...

Best Quote Ever...

Ahh well you know if you try to flash a larger size it would just error on you and tell you it was too big and nothing would be done, so you should be fine in doing that.

Ya BIOS Agent is a waste, all you need is winflash. But ya you are right, if it is the wifes machine and she likes it then you betta leave it alone or else bad things could happen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information