Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Yet another q9550 on p5n32-e sli question

Question Yet another q9550 on p5n32-e sli question

Hi All,

I have a P5n32-e sli like some of you here and I'm considering my CPU upgrade options short of replacing the motherboard, I know the Q9550 is a popular CPU and there seem to be mixed reports of whether it will or will not run on this board - I know the compatibility lists it as not compatible, but I've seen a few people manage to run it.

I have also the plans to upgrade from 4gb 800mhz ram to 8gb of 800mhz ram, the Kingston HyperX LL kit that is apparently compatible with the o/s.

So my question is what are my chances of successfully mating the Q9550, P5n32-e sli and 8gb of Kingston Hyper X ram with Windows Vista 64-bit?

and one more - general type of question - I have an 8800GTS O/C 700mhz processor 2000mhz ram and am wondering if I could SLI with another 8800 GTS O/C with 690mhz processor and 1970mhz cpu? and then add a 8500 GT as a phys-x card in the mix?

Kind Regards,

Matt H

Default Re: Yet another q9550 on p5n32-e sli question

4 GB RAM is enough. But if you will use 8 GB RAM, you must install Windows Vista 64 Bit.

Thread Information