Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I would like to try my first OC!

Default I would like to try my first OC!

Can any one please help me do my first oc, I'm using the Q6600 with the Arctic PRO cooler,and the GA-EPA-UD3R mobo and the memory is
    G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B - Retail

I have also just loaded the optimized settings in the BOIS,it would be great to get some good numbers for a 3.0 overclock or some starting voltages.

Thanks for all the help anyone can give!

Default Re: I would like to try my first OC!

Hitting 3.0 with a q6600 shouldn't be too hard. But if this is your first shot at overclocking ever, i would highly reccommend that you research this topic first.

Default Re: I would like to try my first OC!

Thanks osbo,but thats all I've been doing is reading and I know enough to be dangerous.LOL!

I understand to keep voltages low to keep heat down and memory timing the lower the better,but it needs to be lowered slowly for a stable system.

What I'm not quite sure what to disable and enable yet and I was looking for some one with similar hardware are similar experience that could give me a good stating line!

Thread Information