Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Epox 8K3A+ problems

I just built my first computer now and here is the final parts list

2200+ thoroghbred
    Epox 8k3A+
    volcano 7+
    Gainward Gforce Ti4600
    512 Kingston pc2700
    lite-on 32x12x40
    pioneer 16x DVD
    80GB Western Digital "Special Edition" (8MB cache)
    19" sony monitor

I had a little problem when I pressed power.
    after starting it up the check led's on the MB were going nuts so I thought I had put everything together right. after waiting about 5-10 seconds I smelled something burning. so I shut it off. now the 240 dollar processor is dead. When I turned it on now the check led's dont do anything.

I gave the computer to a friend and he put a 1800+ in it to test the MB and now it looks like the MB is dead too.

After finding this out, I went on to neweggs cousomer reviews and found out that someone had the same exact problem with this mb and and processor and actually he burned out 2 2200+ so if anyone knows anything about this combination let me know. Thanks:(

Smells like ya had a major short there so I hope ya kept receipts. Did ya locate where the short occured? Also did ya make sure that the boards BIOS was up to takin' a T'bred? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

It said on the EPOX website that this MB could take this processor. and it looks like other people from newegg had the same problem. I could have been that the voltage regulator was bad on the MB.

the manual was last revised on march 15th so it could just be that the bios are old and they gave me the wrong version.

I am trying to get them to send me a new processor and MB so far they rejected the processor and acepted the refund on the MB. I am trying to push the issue that it was their MB that fried my processor. I hope that they give me a new processor after all I did spend $1700 US on this thing I think it is the least that they could do.

Why did they reject the processor for? :?:

Their policy is that you have to return the processor with in 7 days of them shipping it. which by the time it is recieved and tested the 7 days is up. on top of that it has been 11 days since it was originally shipped and I was on vacation for the past 7 days. I hoping that they will give me an extened warrenty since it was due to the MB.

what sucks the most is I just found out about this today and didnt have time to contact them before they closed today now I have to wait until monday.

7 days, that sucks. Bad luck if ya just buyin' piece at a time as ya can afford it over a couple of months then. :eek:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information