Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new Epox 8K5A2+

Yeah well, who knows? :?:

But if ya keep waiting to long, and here battling away on my K6-3+560MHz beast is now too long. :(
    I've got a few other things to get fix or replaced here atm but once thats out of the way I'm buying (maybe 4weeks max). ;)
    By then the "T'bred" cored Athlons should be available in the speed and price I'm budgeting for. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

sweet, ya i have a P3 600mhz , Asus P2B-S, Radeon 7500, SB Live!, 256Mb PC100, 20Gb WD + 30Gb Maxtor. so i hurting too...:cry: but i have a buyer for this system, if i can part with it soon, so i'm itching to buy the new parts, if only a KT400 mainboard was available (for AGP8x)....that's it,that's all, the damn mainboard.....

Hmmm...even my file server is meatier than that...save the video card. 800MHz is the slowest I got...but anyway...I'm dreaming of owning a dual Xeon rig next year---with all the works.
    The KT333 boards are getting near the end, but until the KT400 hits, they're one of the fastest solutions out on the market. And don't forget...nForce 2 is coming to compete with the KT400

nForce2 is extra $$$ for nothing if you plan to use separate video, sound, and ethernet cards. that's how I see it...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Lander
    I'm dreaming of owning a dual Xeon rig next year---with all the works.
    Hmmm... I guess I shouldn't talk about the eight new P4 Dual Xeon Servers that we're getting for our server base at work? :p
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...ew&dId=337 this will do nicely I think. :D
    The Case in due sometime early next month. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I'm thinking about replacing my 8KHA+ with a 8K5A3+. I have PC2100 RAM. Would using that slow the computer down? What kind of performance difference would I see using PC2700. Can I have both the 2100 and 2700 in the same computer or would that slow performance?

[Edit: That would be the 8K5A2+, rather. MWave doesn't have the 3+ yet. Whats the diff between the two?]

I'm thinking about replacing my 8KHA+ with a 8K5A3+.
    WHY???
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul

WHY???
    Since I'm having the 133FSB issue, MWave has given me an RMA to replace it. So, I figured I'd just put down $20 more and get something faster. Are there any compelling reasons for me to stick with the 8KHA+?

Well, It rules, and unless you are going to buy a new processor, you won't really see any performance increase.

I didn't know you decided to RMA it. About your problem... I bet we can fix it. I'll go look for your thread about the problem you describe.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information