Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems With Brand New Epox 8KHA+

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Glad you got your Windows installed. I would have helped more, but I sleep at night. :)

If this was sold to you as a new board, then I would maybe begin asking some questions of the seller.
    I normally sleep at night but took off work half a day today so I could stay up late working on my new computer.

It is a new board, from Mwave.com.

Now I've had two reboots that I didn't ask for and I loose the display after quitting Quake.

Multiwave is generally a very good seller, so I don't know. They don't deal in gray market items that I've ever been aware of. Maybe a glitch from the factory or something.

Concerning the random reboots, it sounds like a very prominent nVidia looping problem (you AE using an nVidia video board, aren't you?). Try some different video drivers and see where you gain stability. There is a new set out, 30.82 and they are MS certified also. That might be the ticket to getting rid of that problem. I don't have it anymore since I switched over to the 30.30 version. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Try some different video drivers and see where you gain stability. There is a new set out, 30.82 and they are MS certified also. That might be the ticket to getting rid of that problem.
    I have a MSI GeForce 4Ti 4200. I have the latest MSI driver currently installed. Will the NVidia Detonator 30.30 work for my board? Thanks for the info!

Any of the Detonator drivers will work on your board. I have always had good luck with drivers from www.guru3d.com but if you want the latest, then the 30.82s are out and already certified by Microsoft.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks, after updating the driver I've had no more problems with Quake. One problem down a few more to go. :hammer:

There are a couple people at AmdForums that fixed their 133/100 problem by buying a new PSU. Is there a way I can test mine so I can see if thats what it is before buying a new one?

Well tell us the name, model and ratings of the PSU that you have now? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Well tell us the name, model and ratings of the PSU that you have now? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>
    Antec 350w Model: SL350

Here are the specs

Also two people at Amdforums claimed their problem to be the HSF. I've double checked and its on the right way and looks to be on flat. I don't think heat is a problem as its running at 41-42 at 100. I've tried the RAM in different slots and that has no effect. In all of the cases of this problem at Amdforums, not one of the problems was the cpu. They were psu, bad mb, and hsf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak
    I don't think heat is a problem
    Just to see I left my computer off for 30 mins and switched the jumper and rebooted. Worked fine, no problem. After a min it rebooted itself and is repeating same old thing again. So, could be a heat issue, though the heat had just reached 40 when it rebooted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information