Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Problems With Brand New Epox 8KHA+

Not sure what this means, but the processor must not be getting any power. The HSF isn't spinning. Reset the CMOS and its spinning again. Maybe this is a power supply problem.

With the side off of the case I haven't passed 41C.

I strongly suggest trying a new memory stick.

i doubt its memory but if it hangs at post code 88 i would assume that its the mobo failing, i had this same prob just recently with a workstation using a Iwill VD133 mobo and p3-550 and we used a POST probe card on it to get the post code, it was failing at A0 but same thing, system power appears to be all there, ie. fans turn on lights on NIC go on, but HDD dont spin up, no beeps from PC speaker, anythin like that - you'll probably find that if you remove ALL things from your system so that its just the mobo n power + pwr switch and pc-spkr, u'll still get no beeps - which a mobo with no cpu or ram should definitely beep :D

according to http://www.bioscentral.com/postcodes/awardbios.htm
    88 is a reserved code (AWARD v6 bios) whatever that means, basically - not quite made it to a boot attempt. if its a v4.51 award bios then I will be pretty certain that its the mobo
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by sKuLLsHoT
    i doubt its memory but if it hangs at post code 88 i would assume that its the mobo failing
    Thats for the info. I don't have any extra memory to try and don't spend money on that when I can just have the motherboard and processor replaced under warranty. I don't think its the RAM or PSU cause everything works just fine at 100FSB. It has to be either the processor or mobo so I'm just gonna have to be without my new computer for two weeks. I'm shipping them both off in the morning. :cry:

Edit: When I reset the CMOS this morning the computer did boot back up and hasn't repeated that issue.

Ram can do strange stuff...

Plus, shipping is gonna cost you 15$, 3 hours of dismantleing and re-assembling your PC, plus 2 weeks waiting for a new mobo/proc combo.

Ram will cost you 35$ after rebates at best buy, and you can always take it back tomorrow.

I don't have my mobo manual handy... so tell me, what does code 88 signify?
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

zeradul, in my post i linked the post codes reference, but also explained wot code 88 is, given that its a relatively new mobo, i would assume award v4.51 (v6 is intel stuff i think) in which case code 88 has no value, same as the problems i was having..
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

I sent the board back today. I have to pay for it to be replaced up front then they refund me once they get the old board. So, I'll have it by the end of the week. I also ordered a PSU tester from Antec so I'll have one other thing to test. At least by sending back the MB and getting this PSU tester, I'll be able to mark two things off the list if the new board doesn't work.

The 8KHA+ is out of stock and they didn't have an ETA for more. So, I payed $2 more for an 8K5A2.

skullshot - I apologize, when you started comparing it to an Iwill board, I had not realized that post codes would be dependant on the chipset maker, and not the board maker, so before I gave it any thought I figured your comment wasn't applicable because of the different brand. my bad.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information