Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Putting together 1st pc (barebones kit)

Question Putting together 1st pc (barebones kit)

I picked up a barebones kit from tigerdirect with the suggestion from a few others telling me it is all plug and play real easy to do. I am by far a techie but I have done and can do peripheral installs, etc but never put an entire pc together.

I have a <TR><TD class=font_right_prod style="FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">GA-G41M-ES2L</TD></TR><TR><TD colspan="2"> mobo and I am wanting to use a WD Blue Caviar 320gb hdd SATA. I can get into the BIOS and I see the hard drive however it shows as a secondary master and the dvd rom shows as secondary slave. dvd works but I cant get the hard drive to boot. I cloned an IDE hard drive from another pc which I am hoping to use this new pc to replace the old one.I tried botting with the IDE hdd but no luck either.

What am I missing when putting together a new pc with a SATA hdd?</TD></TR>
    Last edited by postnetnc133; 01-31-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: spelling error

Default Re: Putting together 1st pc (barebones kit)

check your boot priority. set your hdd to be the priority, even its primary or secondary you may set your system to boot from it. but for best practice boot drive should be the primary.

Thread Information