Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-Machines T2895

Post E-Machines T2895

Hi,

I have an eMachines T2895 and made a B.I.O.S. (flash) mistake. Does anyone know where I can attain a copy of the original BIN, or have a system and can collect theirs (it is as easy as downloading the flash util and clicking save).

Thanks,

Silekonn

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: E-Machines T2895

LSDMeASAP,

I flashed and the U.S.B. ports are non-functional.

Silekonn

Ahh well all you need to do is find the USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 settings in the BIOS and enable them, they are likely disabled now due to the flash.

Did you load optimized after you flashed in the BIOS, then apply and reboot? If not do that now and they might be then enabled, otherwise you will need to look through the BIOS and find the settings then enable them.

Just in case, but I doubt it will be needed, what BIOS version did you flash to, and which were you using before? I need the actual version name/#, not original.bin

LSDMeASAP,

I am no novice. The flash used the MSI board model unsuccessfully, and it is in need of reverting.

silekonn

OK, well I do not know who is asking what here, and you didn't say how knowledgeable you were.

If clearing the CMOS does not help, then like you said you will need to flash back. I need to know the previous version you were using that you know works properly, so I can help you find a link to download it.

LSDMeASAP,

The version was that which shipped. As you can suspect, eMachines has no updates offered. The board is 6714 ver.1.0.

silekonn

If they have no updates offered, how did you flash? Were you flashing back the same version that was already in it or what?

Anyway, hold on a sec and I will see if I can find it for you. Also, in case I cannot, can you show me the motherboard model name, using CPU-z "mainboard" tab, that way if need be you can probably flash the MSI BIOS instead.

LSDMeASAP,

A cross-flash is recommended by a reliable source. It is unfortunate that I did not back up.

Thanks,

silekonn

That's what I was suggesting same as your source, cross-flashing to a MSI BIOS since it is a MSI board, did you try this yet. I do this with Asus/Alienware machines and have with many other OEM's as well, normally it is fine.

You may need to do a blind flash with a floppy and a autoexec.bat file.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information