Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Joy!!!

http://www.gamedude.com.au/mbsG.html

The Epox 8K5A2+ (as well as the KT400 based Gigabyte 7VAXP) are now available in Australian shops.

Do you guys think the VAXP is worth the extra $60 over the Epox?

It has AGP 8x, dedicated LAN chip (Epox uses the southbridge for that), 3x Firewire and Smartcard/Memory stick connectors. Also the ATX & IDE conenctors are possibly in better position.

It also has Promise Raid chip vs. Highpoint for the Epox board, but I'm not quite sure which is better..

Well the Highpoint controller is of a better quality and flexability than the Promise one at the moment.
    8x AGP has yet to prove itself worthwhile plus Firewire and Smartcard/Memory stick connectors are only any good if ya goin' to use them. If ya goin' to overclock though the EPoX board is better than anything else in the field IMHO. ;)
    But the EP-8K5A3+ better suits my purpose with firewire being handled by a SB Audigy. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Well, I pretty much decided on the Epox board, not that I got anything against Gigabyte, in fact the PC I'm using now has a Gigabyte GA-7VX-1 and I've very happy with it.

Thread Information