Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking

I know that epox makes a great board to overclock, but what about companies like ABIT, ASUS, and GIGABYTE.
    In yr'all experiences, which manufactures are good :D and which are the ones to stay away :no: from (at least in the ability to overclock)

ABIT i know makes a very good overclockin MOBO...EpoX has the advantage of extra high voltage settings which you will prolly never use without a watercooling system. The others you mentioned i have never used; although i believe WiGGo has a GiGaByTe overclocking an AMD XP.
    - Damien

EPoX and Abit are both solid players. Many folks swear by Asus, but I tend to stay away from them due to past power issues and their current unreliable hardware monitoring hardware/software packages.

Gigabyte gets mixed reviews, so I'm not really sure how to take them at the moment. But there are a couple of other companies to look at as well...

Shuttle isn't an old time manufacturer, but they do have a number of motherboard geared towards the enthusiast market. I've only reviewed one of their lineup so far, but it was a very solid performance motherboard.

Another one to look at (again) is Soyo. They had dropped off the pace a while back, but have done a full turn around and are making some outstanding performance boards again. They are showing great promise for features, stability and overclockability.

There are an awful lot of choices out there. Just do your homework and you won't be disappointed. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Darth isn't SoYo boards aiming towards the "Pretty Computer" people? I heard they are solid but don't make the best overclockers. Unlike ABIT and EpoX that don't have anything but a few legacy ports and soild overclocking ability.
    - Damien

That's why I made the comment about their past reputation and their current crop of mainboards. As an example of this, check out the review that TweakTown did of the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition Motherboard. It was able to push 165MHz FSB with 1.85v and normal air cooling. With some playing around, it will go higher.
    My Toys

MSI make some nice boards too. ;)

Soltek makes pretty good boards to OC with too. Asus has kind of dropped of the pace. They pretty much make an OEM board these days.

WHOA, 165FSB...thats pretty good man...
    - Damien

I am looking at the KT400 boards, I want the ability to uprade to 333FSB. I have read some reviews on the gigabyte KT400 board, and the overclocking on that was to be sub-par for gigabyte. On the other hand abit and asus have boards coming out, but I have not read much on the overclockablity with these boards! Does anyone know or has anyone read on the ablitity to overclock with these boards?!?

Take a look at this before you go jumping aboard the KT400 bandwagon. Besides, most good KT333 boards have the 166MHz AGP ratio built in. :)
    My Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information